Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nissan Sunny 1.6 1995 in New Zealand

Nissan Sunny 1.6 1995 in New Zealand 09 Aug 2013 00:26 #1

• Rino Stoof
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After a bit of a draught, number 7, my wife's sunny.
The TB is fine to pull of as long as you have some long allan keys.
Mine are short and I had a bit of fun :-(
The idle bypass is smack in the middle of the groove and not easily bypassed as the opening extend way into the manifold throat. I left it alone.
The bit missed cutting through by a hair and the groove came out ok.
I T-ed the PCV line into le low vacuum line using clear plastic tubing.
This fogged up almost immediately after start up showing that gas is extracted.
The car has nearly 200K kms on it and I got some oil leaking out through what seems the main crank seal.
Kathy said the car is almost scarily quick, she reckons she'll pick up speeding tickets with it :-) So the performance has definitely improved. Exhaust smells lovely, Mileage improvement remains to be seen.
I hope I won't have to reconnect the PCV to keep the oil in as I had to with the old toyota..
I reset the computer.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nissan Sunny 1.6 1995 in New Zealand 10 Aug 2013 00:05 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hey Rino, looks good sounds like another success! :cheer:

I'd bet there will be an economy increase if Kathy can learn to keep her foot out! Power corrupts, some guy said some time back...

Strictly academic advice, stick w/ whatever works:

A new gasket/metal thin flashing plate could partially block off that IAC port in manifold.

I've posted to exhaustion on air-oil separators, one can be made using a metal water bottle and a few more parts, or a certain one made for BMW's can be used, either would cost maybe $40 or so, in my experience...MAybe if you look at my oil separator posts in Index you might think of another way to do it. I'd be happy to find a cheaper alternative, but it has to be something that works and fits.

'Nuff from my Big Yap, Rino- ya got another under yer belt mate!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Nissan Sunny 1.6 1995 in New Zealand 12 Aug 2013 11:45 #3

• ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One thing you can try if the seals are worn is to just reduce the available vacuum. Place a restriction in the line that allows say 25% of the flow. i.e. a 12mm hose reduced to a 4mm opening would allow some flow to offset the leakage.

I would try that and see if it wasn't enough to do you until the seal can be replaced. That, by the way, is not too big of a deal.

Would you mind posting your email address for the guys? It seems you're going to be taking up my slack and a couple of guys have been wanting to reach you. I'd make it part of my signature...

Love ya, Rino!

• Page: