Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Tiburon,4cyl, 23% improvement on highway,

2006 Tiburon,4cyl, 23% improvement on highway, 29 Aug 2013 20:38 #1

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone

I am pleased to report my fuel economy has increased !

Comparing factory specs for highway, to my scangauge readings, we see 7.8 liters/100 km improve to
6 liters/100 km, which is a 23% improvement.

This figure could be even better on a longer run ! this is based on a short stretch of highway with a lot of change in gradient around where I live, on a level surface this figure will be lower, I suspect around 5.5 liters/100 km.

My modified throttle body cost me less than $50 to fit to my car, including the cost of a modified ball burr to cut the groove. So the pay back period is very short :)

For a first go this is quite astonishing, and I feel there are more improvements to be realised.

Grant, Hyundai Tiburon, 2006, 2.0 ltr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grant. Reason: to include vehcle details

grooved TB fitted ! 23% improvement on highway 29 Aug 2013 23:42 #2

• Mark Bachelder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We are all much encouraged by this. I want to share my reservations about the Scan Gauge short term mileage readings, though. Not necessarily accurate. I tried and tried with mine, and recalibrated with every fillup, and so forth. Not a great metric - nothing replaces logging your miles and your gallons at every fill up.
I had a few happy hours here and there reading my gauge, and got reality checks when I went and really paid for the gas.

NOT the Groove doesn't make a big difference! I got 15%-20% better than EPA on a regular basis, on my first Groove, consistently.

Keep up the good work, get rigorous with your metrics, and let us know how it's going.

grooved TB fitted ! 23% improvement on highway 30 Aug 2013 15:24 #3

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23% is a pretty cool little bonus for making your ride more powerful, wouldn't you say?

Great job!

Now, take the time to go to and see just how high you can take that beast!

Only one thing more. Would you mind editing your original post to include your Year, Make and Model so those who are unfamiliar with your ride can see it?

Have a GROOVY Day!

Ron

grooved TB fitted ! 23% improvement on highway 31 Aug 2013 20:35 #4

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I have already read your pages on the vehicle sensors, it's all beginning to make more sense now I'm learning what my engine is doing with the aid of my scan gauge.

Next question: after having read up on the various sensors, it seems like the next logical step is to fit a Mapster ?

I definitely want to improve on my 23%

Second question, where do I post my vehicle details ? do I do this on each new post ?

Thanks a million
Grant

grooved TB fitted ! 23% improvement on highway 31 Aug 2013 22:19 #5

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Grant, just post it on the title topic year engine size 4x4 or not anything about it helps everyone including you.

• Page: