Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 Subaru Wagon

1978 Subaru Wagon 27 Oct 2013 22:29 #1

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is the second turbochargers 1600 EA-71 engine i have grove (weber)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1978 Subaru Wagon 27 Oct 2013 22:39 #2

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
engine

1978 Subaru Wagon 27 Oct 2013 22:41 #3

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
grove weber

1978 Subaru Wagon 27 Oct 2013 22:52 #4

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
weber

This message has attachments images.

1978 Subaru Wagon 27 Oct 2013 23:00 #5

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mike just replaced the engine and still needs to do some adjustments so it is going to a week be for any report no it.

1978 Subaru Wagon 28 Oct 2013 19:10 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Very cool, Bill!

I've been on a few Subaru forums past few days, Folks do interesting things w/ Subies...

I'm now leaning towards going w/ a Weber on my own 85 Subaru, sill looking into the smog issue w/ that. Absolutely everyone I've ever spoken to or read of speaking of Webers loves 'em. With all my carb. experience I have yet to do a Weber conversion. but no prob. there, I have rebuilt a few Webers before. They are simple compared to other carbs. Only thing I see missing on the 32/36 DGV series (and most all aftermarket carbs in general) is lack of provision of Venturi vac. external tap. I find venturi vac. useful for some things, like a dist. cap active vent that won't cause a vacuum leak and pulls ozone out of the cap. Dist. caps last wayy longer that way.

But I guess most enthusiasts/Rodders don't know what Venturi vac. is so-no demand, so mfg's dont provide it :unsure:

And I want to keep my EGR functional to keep cyl temps down. I read last nite someone was speaking of a hidden tap for EGR vac. behind a small screw cover on one of these Webers. If I can swing the conversion w/ no smog issues, then a lot of vac. hoses solonoids and other gimcrackery can go bye bye! :P These Subie engines can look a bunch better w/o so much of that festooned on top...Heck I've added so much extra stuff in my engine compartment, on TOP of all the factory stuff, it's hard to work in there. And-it Scares mechanics too!

So we'll see. I would like better driveability, decent MPG, and want to keep a clean emissions output, well we know how to address that, don't we? :)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: