Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Immortal 1984 Honda Civic CRX HF

The Immortal 1984 Honda Civic CRX HF 02 Feb 2014 20:51 #1

• Joseph33
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Highlights but first how many things to Ron and four-wheel bills for the endless help :)

After grooving this 84 carburetor, I took it for a 950 miles test run and had a 51.78 mpg high. Note: this high was achieved at temperatures of 35 degrees Fahrenheit and I made the mistake of not feeling it up when I reach my destination, because I flooded the carburetor a couple times and had a very hard time starting up and when I did start it up finally, I drove it for another 50 some miles and then filled it up and got the 51.78 miles per gallon so it could have been more; I just don't know how much more.

After the groove it was noticeable that the CRX had a boost of power which was greatly needed since this car only has about 58 or 60 horsepower.

In temperatures far below 35 degrees Fahrenheit the CRX got 40.80 mpg. According to the EPA this car is only supposed to get at best around 47 mpg.

At the moment I'm looking to sell it or trade it in for a Honda Civic VX. If anyone knows anyone who would be interested in this first generation CRX collectors item (the only year Honda did the 1.3 liter engine) please let me know. Note: this CRX was garaged most its life which is why it only has 78000 some miles.

Once again: many many thanks to Ron and four-wheel bill for all their endless help.

God Bless you all :)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Joseph33.
  • Page: