Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out?

Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out? 13 Oct 2014 02:18 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
He owns a 1993 Honda Civic with a 1.6 liter engine. He wants to get it grooved. He has replaced a lot of parts in the car and it's almost ready to go. Just need new tires and needs to be registered. I would love to do the groove on this car. But lack the experience and don't want to mess things up for him.

Once he knows it does work. He will tell everyone he knows about it.

On my first groove Ron looked at it and said overall okay. But the groove was too deep and needed to be redone. Throttle bodies are expensive and I have been very busy with life in general. I just need more practice.

He can't afford the standard $250 charge for the groove and I'm hoping someone here can work something out with him.

I told him I would post on the Gadgetman Groove forums. I hope someone here can help out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out? 13 Oct 2014 22:29 #2

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI Juan I drive a 1993 Honda Civic that i have groove last year that has been getting 21% gain mpg i have grooved over 11 vehicles all but one have seen good gains.You can have him call.

Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out? 13 Oct 2014 22:40 #3

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks Bill! I'll let him know to give you a call soon. A big thank you for reaching out as well. I wonder why that one vehicle did not get a mpg improvement? That's weird. Is the PCV valve easy to get to on the Honda you drive? I hope it is.

Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out? 13 Oct 2014 22:50 #4

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2001 Chevrolet Truck Silverado had over 350000 miles on it and bad valves . The PCV valve are easy to get to on the Honda .

Can a more experienced Gadgetman help a friend of mine out? 14 Oct 2014 19:00 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Cool of you to offer to help, Bill! :) I think on Honda's you and JV are the guys!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: