Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: 2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 04 Jun 2015 14:52 #25

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I used the large bit Tracy, always use the largest bit I can.

Tailpipe has a nice odor to it, not the usual gas odor.

I'm still doing testing, and getting stuck in traffic on my long distance test didn't help. 2.5 hours to go 10 miles... yeah, mpg killer there. Still saw 45 mpg in 430 mile trip with 2 days of very aggressive driving in Dallas, TX. If I am not doing 70-75 on the interstate my averages are sitting at around 54-56 mpg, but i'm still doing some testing.

In town i'm seeing 35-40 mpg, it would be 40 if I didn't have a stoplight every 3/4 of a mile. When I can catch 2-3 lights green in a row my mileage jumps 4-5 mpg in a single 5 mile trip.

Still need to gap the plugs and maybe play with the aspirin amount in the mpg remedy a little. Think it might be time to order the HF civic belly panels, only 2 panels are different from the lx to hf civic. These mods might be later in the fall, I have a master bath remodel that has priority over more modifications.

If I break the mid 50's i'll let you all know.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 04 Jun 2015 15:01 #26

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
WooHoo! sounds fantastic! You'll hit or exceed mid 50s by slowing down to 65, Sammy Hagar ;) oh wait, Sammy can't drive 55...that would put you over 60 MPG.

BTW, whatever happened with that big Ford engine that was driving an irrigation pump? did you ever get any fuel numbers from them?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK.

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 04 Jun 2015 16:28 #27

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Whoo Hoo Ken!! :woohoo: :evil: :P doin' GREAT w/ this Honda! I can imagine extreme MPG#'s if it could be run on the Fernley-Fallon 50 mile Orange test run, the Subie hit 72 last summer one nite, I bet this Groovy Honda can exceed that! good on you, Ken. Ron would be proud of you! Folks this is what a real Gadgetman can do!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 08 Jun 2015 13:28 #28

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Thank you for the kind words, i'm just trying to get ready for gas to go back up. It can't stay this low for long.

Also I utilize an online forum to monitor my mpg through the year, I think you can tell where I started to make modifications to the car. I don't recommend being active on the site as the population doesn't like new ideas, but the garage resource they have is useful.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 02 Jul 2015 14:17 #29

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Averages are settling in around the 50 mark when the pressure in the tires is down and the a/c is on. I can knock on the door of 60 mpg all day with the tires up at max and no a/c but I have 3 women in the house and travel like that can't happen unless i'm by myself.

Ken

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 02 Jul 2015 20:55 #30

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
This is a place to discuss auto modifications, rather than life modifications...but for an extra 9MPG I'll bet you get some guys thinking ;)
Great results! Congrats!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 02 Jul 2015 22:42 #31

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Ken I'd take 50-60 MPG averages any day! Great results, from a Real Gadgetman!

(sound of hundreds of boots striking pavement as Gadgetmen come to rigid attention and give a salute! ;) :P :woohoo:

Great job Ken!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2012 LX Honda Civic 1.8 Liter 20 Nov 2018 23:27 #32

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I never did break 60 mpg with the groove and we sold the car due to needing more space for kids before I put hydrogen on her, want to find another one of these soon if I can for a commuter car.

Ken