• Page:

TOPIC: Toyota Tundra

Toyota Tundra 14 Jun 2017 18:06 #1

• Richard Bon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Everyone,
I just got the groove and installed it on 13, June. 2017!!! Thank You Ron. I'm starting this thread to document my results. I realize it'll take time for all of the benefits to kick in, however i'll do my best to give everyone my statistics so it'll hopefully be beneficial for all. I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4Dr 4x2 XSP(rare truck) in Baytown, Texas. Before the Groove: I had Awesome performance with the stock engine but had a rich fuel smell coming from the tailpipe. 79,900 original miles formerly owned by an 84 year old man who kept the truck in the garage in Mint condition. The only mods done BEFORE the Groove is a K&N air filter and dual exhaust and Full Synthetic oil by Amsoil. i was getting 15.4 mpg as long as I drove it like a p___y. When i would really dig into it I would get 14.8 mpg. This is with nothing stored in the vehicle and no towing. Original spark plugs and wires. I'm currently in the process of "conditioning" the vehicle for optimum performance as per Mr. Rons recommendations. I removed and plugged the PCV on the Intake side as recommended by Ron. Every 30 days I'll make modifications but only as recommended by Ron. I'm going to report back my results every 200 miles to let you know how she's doing. I'm not going to let the truck drop below the 1/2 tank mark the whole time I'm testing it so I will hopefully get the same results everytime. Trying to keep the same amount of fuel pressure in the system. I have a 26.4 Gallon tank and usually get around 410 miles per tank. Feel free to give suggestions. I'm New to all of this and value any information you can offer. Thanks for all the help, I hope this "Will" be a valuable asset to this community. Thanks, Richard Bon
God Bless you all

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Richard Bon.

Toyota Tundra 14 Jun 2017 20:40 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Richard, already, you are setting yourself above most with whom I do business. The People have been conditioned to work, live, and love alone and fail to find the strength we can only have when we work together.
Now, I want to say one thing about the EGR valve. What I recall telling you is that we "were looking at that sub-system" and evaluating the possibility of modifications. Now, that's NOT to say that you did a bad thing. Quite the reverse, in fact! I am thrilled you took the initiative in this matter.
What I would like is another post added to this thread that details EXACTLY what you did to the EGR, and the changes you noticed in operation as a result.
Now, you ALL must remember that to be accurate about the results of your modifications, they should be done in increments. One change at a time, monitor and record the results, THEN, and ONLY then, go to the next mod and follow the same procedure.
It's a finer point of developing consistent results, and will be unique to your vehicle. But it will apply to ALL vehicles that share your profile, so SHARE AWAY!!!!
God bless you, my new friend!
And thanks for becoming a part of the Gadgetman family.
You are most welcome!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove.
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Toyota Tundra 15 Jun 2017 14:35 #3

• Richard Bon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hello Ron,
I guess i should've offered a little more info on the PCV mod however I'm New to all these posting online stuff so Thank You for extending out your question to me. When I say I modified the PCV I mean that I have 2 valve covers 1 on each side of the engine, on the passenger side of the vehicle where the intake/air filter box pipes in from the engine bay frame and the other valve cover is on the driver side of the engine bay where the oil dip stick and the oil fill cap is located. As we discussed You asked me not to touch the air line coming out of the passenger side valve cover and running into the air filter intake tube thats "before" the throttle body, the other airline that comes out of the driver side valve cover that has a 1 way vacuum port and plumbs into the intake "after" the throttle body is the 1 I modified. Alls I did was pull the PCV air line off and plug it with a vacuum cap. The PCV hose that runs into the driver side valve cover i left just hanging there since it doesn't have vacuum to it anymore... nothing can come out of it. This was done the same time as I installed the New mod throttle body you sent me. I have noticed that since I installed the New altered throttle body that I don't get any more fuel smell coming out of the tailpipe anymore. Now it smells like my hair dryer. Also no smoking and no check engine lights. So it seems to be doing very well. I haven't reached the half way mark on the fuel yet so I haven't filled it up and run the numbers on any potential savings. As soon as I do I will post the numbers for all to see. Once again Ron Thank You very much for doing this mod for me and encouraging me to promote this to everyone. I really hope this helps everyone out who's considering doing the mod. In my opinion its worth it. Just Do It! Ron "Will" Bless you.
If anyone has any suggestions or advice please feel free to get in touch with me. I'm very open to receive any knowledge/ suggestions your willing to pass on to myself and the community.
May God Bless each and everyone of you and everyone you come in contact with Today.
Richard Bon

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Richard Bon.

Toyota Tundra 21 Jun 2017 12:09 #4

• Richard Bon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Just got the results from my first fuel up...
242 miles within 10 days
16.314 gallons to refill
14.833 miles per gallon
I know that this is just the beginning and the computer needs time to adjust. I'm taking a long trip this weekend so I should be able to give another update on Monday.
Vehicle performs a lot better in my opinion and I'm very happy with the performance.
If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to drop me a line.
Thank You Ron for being such a "Groovy Dude" I Appreciate You!
God Bless You
Richard Bon

• Page: