Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter

2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter 20 Nov 2018 23:19 #1

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
This engine is very new and doesn't like modifications, but we did it anyway because we can make it better.

The Skinny:
Before MPG 28-34
After MPG 34-44

In town mileage might have been better but we had to use a thin business card to get this computer to act correctly. 30 lb paper worked well for the groove to be just far enough away that the computer handled it, not using caused issues with the computer. My hands were never trained by the master either, so it could just be me but when the wife breaks down twice in traffic you improvise even if it means you lose performance.

I will note this, the Intake is plastic and the throttle body is held on by brackets. You have to hold the brackets in place, while threading a nut onto a bolt at the same time. And when those bolts drop, they don't hit the floor because this car has a belly pan system. Oh yeah, ask me how fun that is.....

Ken

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter 20 Nov 2018 23:21 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Here are a few pictures of the intake, bracket and one of the belly pans.

I used a towel to help me catch the bolts before the fell down into the abyss of belly pan fun, experience teaches you pretty quickly.

Ken

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter 21 Nov 2018 12:49 #3

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Looks like a clean groove and I know how touchy these honda/acura are. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a extra tb on my 07 mdx and the second groove helped all around. I will posting soon with pictures because the tb was ported larger for performance and i wanted to see and feel the difference with groove. Keep on Ken and update us as much as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter 21 Nov 2018 14:52 #4

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
30 PERCENT INCREASE!!!!

Wow, Ken! Sounds like you just might make a great Gadgetman after all!

Remember, the people who are most successful are also posting VIDEOS!

Like Michael Lee!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Todd Gilbertson, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2016 Honda Accord 2.4 Liter 22 Nov 2018 13:10 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Nice work there, Ken! And, a KILLER increase in MPG's! That TB would be a cuss-monster to pull/reinstall with that bracket setup...I'm curious, did the gains in MPG come easily, or did it take some time? Honda's have been stubborn to give up gains for some. Also, as Ron recently shared with us the importance of using power/ WOT to get an ECU to make favorable adjustments- was that a factor with this Honda? I sense that the WOT technique could be a major factor we can all use to bring on the Good Stuff...

good to see you here again, Ken!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: remove extra stuff my cat added by walking on the dang keyboard!
  • Page: