Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT

PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT 13 Mar 2019 17:15 #25

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
UPDATE: So my friend had some vacation days and he took off his tb that I grooved. I did the best I could to modify the iacv path ways that are on the backside of tb. See the pictures below to see the before and after. Also, I previously used the medium size bit for this one, but I re-grooved with large. I am sure this will make a difference. Thanks for all the great support and info. Keep groovin family!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT 22 Mar 2019 23:23 #26

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hello, Claudio! More good work from our European contingent. Thank you!

Your work is excellent, but I think I can help you get a little more satisfaction with your work, as well as it coming off more easily.

The following video shows one method for doing this that is reusable, but with the abundance of plastics (ARGH!!! MORE CRUDE!!!) this can be much more easily done with firm plastic out of the recycle bin or my circular file.

The principles are sound, and I recommend using this technique as it's a good way to keep the diameter.

Enjoy!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT 23 Mar 2019 12:28 #27

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Thank you received: 127
Thanks Ron! I got the wheels turning in my head after watching this video. I really appreciate the support also. My friend used his original non grooved TB last week while I preformed the mods. He thought it would be great to compare again since the weather has been more consistent this month. Tomorrow, he will install the improved grooved TB and get back to me during the week. As soon I hear from him with more results I will immediately post and hopefully get him to do a video about the groove! Keep grooving family!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT 23 Mar 2019 18:53 #28

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Claudio, it's easier to get the videos if you just tell them when they're leaving for their test drive (and you had BETTER be doing the conditioning runs ALONE!) that you're going to record their response just as it happens.

That's what I do, and it works almost every time! Just wait and watch for them to return, and turn your camera on as they're pulling in the driveway.

Easy-peazy!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

PROJECT 2001 HONDA INSIGHT 23 Mar 2019 21:31 #29

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Another material I've used in many of the IAC mods, is clear box tape. The kind used to seal up packages, that comes in those plastic dispenser frame things with the cutting edge. Epoxy won't stick to the non-sticky side. I've sometimes doubled itself sticky side to sticky side, to make it more rigid. You then find a place to stick it on w/ more tape.

Like Ron said here, plastic, like the energy drink bottle you used, works well when making a form or dam to sit in the throttle bore. This mod makes me really creative. I've used business card stock too. Whatever is used, if you doubt if the epoxy might stick to it, just put clear box tape on the surface that faces where epoxy will go. works every time for me!

cheers!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: spellin