Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nissan Titan Grooved

Nissan Titan Grooved 09 Dec 2018 09:48 #1

• Shawn Zorn
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Grooved my 2008 Nissan Titan and the results, I think, haven't improved, but maybe I am doing something wrong. I think I have done as instructed by removing the crankcase ventilation and all the tricks to set it up. I do have a Banks cold air intake and MBRP cat back exhaust. I went on a trip, it was just over 400 miles one way, on the way there I averaged 16.5 MPG and on the way back I pulled a small trailer, Aluminum Enclosed V Nose 12 Foot, had about 1000 lbs of cargo and total average on the trip ended up being just over 10 MPG. I"m not so sure it is not worse than before. So I am wondering if I have done something wrong installation wise, is there something else I can try, anyone one have any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nissan Titan Grooved 09 Dec 2018 09:54 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
The very first thing you should do, Shawn is to check your work. I can't tell you how many times I found something wrong with what I had done.

If you haven't cleaned the valves, you're hurting yourself.

Have you read the Training Manual? Most commonly occurring issues have been covered, and is the methods I use to diagnose failures.

Keep us posted!

Ron

PS: In the future, please follow the suggestions as to the post formatting. Year, Make, Model and Engine size in the topic so others can find it!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Nissan Titan Grooved 09 Dec 2018 21:56 #3

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
The reasons for failing to see increases have ALWAYS been the level of vacuum presented to the fuel. As direct injection engines spray the fuel into the combustion chamber during compression, it would APPEAR they would not benefit, but in fact, I have modified TWO with direct injection, and both demonstrated respectable (not AMAZING, but RESPECTABLE) increases in power delivery, and minimum increases of 10%.

The Titan engines begin to show symptoms of decay in the intake manifold integrity after about 80K due to the nature of the plastic (composite) intake manifolds that are so prevalent sing the mid-90's. ALL of them warp in time, causing leaks to occur. But this is not apparent until put to the test.

If you have exhausted all areas where vacuum leaks can occur, then the issue is most probably in this area. It is an issue common with MANY engines. Although because they are so IN-efficient already, it isn't apparent until you reach for loftier goals!

I have still had, and have seen MANY of these vehicles THIS YEAR gain as much as 68%. If yours isn't showing that, then there MUST be a reason!

Our job is to help you FIND it!

Ron

Never fear. Word that you will never hear come from my mouth is "I QUI****!!!"

The ONLY way to fail is to quit trying...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

• Page: