• Page:

TOPIC: 2010 Toyota Prius

2010 Toyota Prius 26 May 2011 16:41 #1

• Col.Zimka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On 5/25/2011 5:02 AM, Col. Zimka wrote:
Hi Ron,

First of all - every, and I mean EVERY, motorhead should be considering your modification. The increase in throttle response is wonderful.

On my 2010 Prius I am getting wonderful power increases - read that as significant power improvement! My mileage is also going up, but then I'm using the power. It almost feels like there is a momentum / inertial change in how the car feels during acceleration - very ineteresting.

But here's the interesting part : I did finally find the PCV Valve on the new model Prius, it's UNDER THE VALVE COVER. The only hose I have access to is the hose leading from the PCV Valve to the air intake. This sits right on top of the engine so it is easy to get to. ( I addressed that hose appropriately ) And my power went up again!

This car is getting VERY ZIPPY. I can easily see how I could out-drive the suspension if not careful. Because there are SO MANY COMPUTERS on this Prius, it takes a good deal of time for everything to settle down and re-calibrate for better mileage. I guess it's the air mass flow sensor which gets adjusted to the wonderful changes the Gadgetman Groove puts in it's path. That air mass sensor probably gets reset when refueling.

After getting the Groove installed it was about six tankfuls to realize the potential of the groove. And now that I addressed the PCV Valve, it may take another three to four tankfuls for that to fully adapt. All that said, I LOVE THE WORK YOU DO! This groove is great.

I'll take a picture of the PCV Valve so you can show that to other Prius owners. But realize that this is only the newer model Prius, from 2010 on, not the older body style.

Cheers for now,

Col.Zimka

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by .

2010 Toyota Prius 30 May 2011 16:09 #2

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for this, Karl!

Did you know you can edit your own posts? This is relevant, as it would be REAL nice to see your mileage. I know you're at 57 MPG's, but no one ELSE does!

Talk to you soon...

Ron

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 23 Apr 2012 09:32 #3

• motoleon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi, What happen with that?
What's your new MPG?
any photos?

Thanks from Spain.

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 23 Apr 2012 16:50 #4

• Col.Zimka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My Prius gets mileage from 46 to 57 MPG. But for me the real joy is in the power increase! This car surprises a lot of people with how zippy it is. I had to get some nice tires for it (Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position )to be able to use that power. You can really feel how the electric engine/gasoline engine mates up with how carefully you place you right foot during acceleration. With the Groove, your ability to sense that "coming together" increases. The Prius is now much more of a driver's car. I am a happy owner, thanks to the Groove!

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 23 Apr 2012 19:06 #5

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, this is true the prius`s run like a small v8 engine after the groove and the mileage ive had up to 64 on hwy.If you do the echo hack the mileage in town will run upto 55 and 64 hwy. People cant believe the increase in power but as you have found out its real!!!!!!!!!!!! dan gadgetman mo.

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 23 Apr 2012 20:13 #6

• Col.Zimka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,

I am not familiar with the "echo hack". Can you help me understand where I can learn about that?

Thanks!

Col.Zimka

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 23 Apr 2012 23:39 #7

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Col go to juicy hybrids.com and it will show you what it does. dan gadgetman mo.

Re: 2010 Toyota Prius 24 Apr 2012 06:12 #8

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think this is what Dan was referring to

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

• Page: