Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello Gadgetman family !!! Heres the results on my 2014 Toyota Prius V5 Hybrid

Hello Gadgetman family !!! Heres the results on my 2014 Toyota Prius V5 Hybrid 29 Dec 2018 17:21 #1

• David Seaich
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 15
Well before I began this modification Ron mentioned in conversation that he hasn't seen much success with the Toyota Prius but some positive moves in some other Prius. Unfortunately I had no success with my modification. That could be partly do to my inexperience seeing this has been only my second "groove" (first being my 1991 Toyota Motorhome v6.Ill share that in a different topic. ) I did the following modification: Gap the spark plugs 20%, capped off the PCV valve. And of course the groove. And reset the computer, The problem with the Prius is that the engine doesn't stay on long enough to reset the computer. After the engine warms up it turns it over to the electric mode. I want to add that it was pretty difficult to take the plugs out because above there location is a metal shelf that connects to the windshield wipers and they all needed to be removed in order to take out the wires off the plugs. (They were obstructed from above) There is one positive outcome and that is the PCV valve is caped and is no longer leaking and destroying the engine. I believe my failure could be do to the way the air manifold is shaped etc as Ron just mentioned in general email today. Also could be there advanced computer system that they have and the way it works? Something to Bare in mind the Pyramids' of Egypt weren't built over night. Kind of an inspiring person was Colonel Sanders . He Started new businesses at the age of 65 and failed 2009 times but never gave up. until "KFC"
Im going to keep on Grooving........

God bless you all.

David Seaich Snowflake AZ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello Gadgetman family !!! Heres the results on my 2014 Toyota Prius V5 Hybrid 29 Dec 2018 17:44 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hey, David!

While your assessment is actually correct, the fact of the engine cycling may be a good explanation of why the Prius' are a little problematic. I don't know how to overcome that issue at the present, but I WILL! In fact, I'll contact my computer guru in a little while to see what can be done.

It's time I looked into this anyway! I'll get back to you here.

In the meantime, remember to "Drive it like you STOLE it!" and see what happens next...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Hello Gadgetman family !!! Heres the results on my 2014 Toyota Prius V5 Hybrid 30 Dec 2018 08:38 #3

• David Seaich
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 15
Thank you Ron, wouldn't it be awesome to at the least double the mileage on the Prius? 100 mpg plus? Anyhoo I just wanted to say that I appreciate all your support and generous words of encouragement. Although I was a little disappointed from the results but this is just one modification of many to come. I realize we cant hit the mark every time. But on a more pleasant note , I do believe in your tech or I would have never spent a $1000 bucks. Just like you in regards to the story you shared about the groove clicking in your head while talking to the airplane pilot about aerodynamics. When I learned about the process about what you came up with it just clicked , I knew you had something special that sets you apart from many others. I knew I had to sign up for your small business license right away. So with out turning this into a long dragged out novel I just wanted to say thx again and I look forward in working with you and your (sorry "our team") towards the future and beyond. Happy Holidays and a New Year to you and you sweet Bride.!
I hope she's your grounding rod...... Cuz I think every guy needs one....lol

David S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: