• Page:

TOPIC: First Groove

First Groove 14 Jan 2019 19:58 #1

• George Naugle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Groovy Forum Users!

Guys, and gals I am seeking some advice on my first groove, as I have been apprehensive to actually perform the groove for fear of messing it up and making my car in operational.
Any advice from you experience groovers, to help ease my apprehension?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

First Groove 14 Jan 2019 20:28 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
George- get another throttle body, and practice Grooving it. Get something as cheap as possible, like at a Pick N Pull junkyard, etc. I've also always advised the use of a small vice to hold the TB in. This allows using both hands to hold/control the Dremel flex shaft tool. I keep a bottle of used power steering oil handy. After each cut bottoms out, I withdraw the bit, turn the Dremel off, then submerge the cutter in the oil for maybe 10 seconds.

I begin the Groove at the far left end of the throttle plate. I position the TB in the vice so that my cuts proceed by overlaps moving to the right. I position the TB in the vice so that my left-right motion is in as level a plane as possible. Every few cuts, as needed, I re-position the TB in the vice. I use the Panavice, forget the model#. I've written it up years ago here, look in Tools Of the Trade folder. That Panavice allows me to concentrate on the cuts, by re-positioning theTB, I avoid trying to cut "uphill".

Hope that helps. keep coming back to ask Q/A and report results, Remember, We Love Pics and Videos!!B)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

First Groove 14 Jan 2019 20:40 #3

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490

George Naugle wrote: Hello Groovy Forum Users!

Guys, and gals I am seeking some advice on my first groove, as I have been apprehensive to actually perform the groove for fear of messing it up and making my car in operational.
Any advice from you experience groovers, to help ease my apprehension?

George, have you ever heard of Teddy's famous "we have nothing to fear except fear itself." speech?

That's the truth with this. It's just like the first time you jumped into the deep end of the pool. It's just unfamiliar waters, that's all. Before you took that leap, you spent a long time contemplating, dipping your toes in the water, wading and walking through the water. If you do that with this, it'll be months before you discover there was nothing to it after all.

Don't let "Analysis Paralysis" catch you up. Trust me. It's going to be okay.

And Tracy loves to express his engineering skills, as do most super-intelligent people. The only tools I use (although I have tried others) are my hands and my Dremel. The Groove requires too much finesse to lock any of it into position. You need to manipulate it with both hands. Practice it this way, and your confidence will be quickly built.

Start looking at it as very simple, and if you TOTALLY screw it up (you can't.) there's nothing you can break that JB-Kwik can't fix!

Be bold! Be Daring! Be FEARLESS!

It's just a Groove!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

First Groove 15 Jan 2019 23:13 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Ron and George.
First Ron, I want to thank you warmly for what you said in the email about your recent fever and computer travails.
In case the reader has not seen this email, Ron thanked me most humbly for my efforts during his time "off the street".
I can only say that I saw urgent need, and did what I could to help meet that need. Ron through vast effort brought to the world an amazingly effective technology. Ron is a Genius, and his genuine good hearted efforts and this discovery, I felt, could not be allowed to slip away.

He, and all that the Groove embodies, was and is just too good, noble and true, to let go away.
Thanks, Ron!

George, Ron is just saying "go for it!" You may find it easier to Groove with or without a vice. I do stand by my recommendation to get a spare TB, and practice it. Once you try it, it just gets easier. I was pretty nervous my first few times, too. Follow the instructions in the Training Manual and materials.

And, if you will post pics,or a video of your Groove work, then we can help out with any questions you have. That's what this forum is for. Use it.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: