Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: 2016 KIA SPORTAGE

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 30 Jan 2019 11:43 #13

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Hey kman what size motor does your Kia have. I was told there is 2 options. The owner of the Dealership I work at owns a Kia store and I had the parts guy fax me over pictures of both tb and intake manifolds. I am just checking on the designs and seeing if there is something helpful there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CLAUDIO CORDOVA.

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 30 Jan 2019 16:57 #14

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Correction here.
When asked about the PCV, my mind was thinking IAC since that usually works with the TB.
My PCV is disconnected from the intake, intake plugged and PCV hose is plugged.
Basically all mods done here. Waiting to see MPG gains since that is the main reason I did these mods, besides torque.

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 30 Jan 2019 17:06 #15

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Claudio,
I think its a 2.4 since I thought only the turbo had a 2.0.

Last edit: by kman.

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 31 Jan 2019 11:40 #16

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
This what I found out Kman, your Kia Sportage has a Adjustable/dual runner intake manifold. I saw on along time ago that Ron explained that having these types of setups will definitely affect the wave form from the groove. Now my Mdx has something similar. My mpg did go up but not like my Gmc. I had to learn how to "work" the rpm and runner mode to get good results. But with the groove on the mdx, the torque and power increase was very noticeable. As a gear head of the Honda/Acura world I am very happy. I hope this sheds some light on why the results are the way they are and not showing up they way as expected. KIA.jpg[/attachment]

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, kman

Last edit: by CLAUDIO CORDOVA.

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 31 Jan 2019 14:08 #17

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Guess its another flub for the MPG gains.
Thanks for the research Claudio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 31 Jan 2019 14:15 #18

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
While Claudio is absolutely correct (one more Karma!) regarding the baffles negatively impacting the wave form, this can be overcome, although it may require some mechanical effort.

Many times, these "adjustable" runners can be rendered inert bu simply disconnecting the vacuum line and plugging it. This MAY cause a MIL, it probably will not. But once the baffles inside that allow the adjustment are rendered static you have a 50/50 chance of seeing the gains you're looking for.

Karl, why do you gravitate toward these exotic systems?

"Gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine, gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine, gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine! They're good enough for ME!!!"

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 31 Jan 2019 14:40 #19

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
"Karl, why do you gravitate toward these exotic systems?

"Gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine, gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine, gimme that OLD-TIMEY engine! They're good enough for ME!!!"

Have to agree there but I feel if I have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, I will get it wrong 90% of the time.
Just the way it works it seems. Had little choice. Needed a vehicle and this was a good deal.

That is why I despise these ECU engines and would love to get a carbed car with a simple engine so I can work some magic.
And you know that is the reason we have an ECU. Just look at Charles Pogue and Tom Ogle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 31 Jan 2019 15:21 #20

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Anytime I can help I will Kman! Working as a team to get results!

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 02 May 2019 18:00 #21

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Any luck Kman on mpg gaines? Have you tried anything new ? Let us know how things are going.

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 03 May 2019 21:58 #22

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
No gains on MPG but gains on torque. It has more "get up and go" with a lighter touch of the pedal.
Tried the MPG formula for a couple of tanks also but didn't see any gains there.
Didn't try wrapping the O2 sensors because I didn't see anyone here giving it any results after application.
If there was a way to drill a hole into my exhaust manifold and insert a 1/4" steel pipe from one side to the other(about 12" overall) without creating a leak, I would bet
a hydrogen cracking system would work. Had limited success before with that because of limited heat transfer but when it worked, my mileage almost doubled.
Felt like the truck was going down a hill and barely had to touch the pedal.
This is one science that has proven successful but setting up the GEET like system on todays vehicles is the tricky part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 04 May 2019 13:59 #23

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Hey Kman! Thanks for the quick response. I wish I new another way to help and hopefully our gadgetman family can jump in help soon. Let us know if there is any news or things you want try to start another discussion. keep us in the loop brother and I hope all is well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

2016 KIA SPORTAGE 18 Jun 2019 20:16 #24

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
With those variable intake runners, it can be hard to overcome them without taking the intake manifold apart. Doing this IS the best option! Many BMW owners are doing that as a matter of preventive maintenance, as they cause some serious problems over time.

"Serious" meaning loss of the engine itself. I don't think this technology is going to last too long.

But I would remove the intake manifold and remove the baffles they use to vary the intake runner lengths. Leave the vac hoses attached so the ECU doesn't KNOW there's been a change, and just drive it like normal.

If you CAN, that is!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman