Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Kia Sedona EX First Run: 13% increase in less than 100 miles!

2006 Kia Sedona EX First Run: 13% increase in less than 100 miles! 09 Jun 2019 14:04 #1

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hey, Fellers!

I recently started working with a new arrival to our family, a very pretty '06 Kia Sedona

We drove it for over two months, getting the little things ironed out. Like rear brakes, including one frozen caliper, and checking mechanical function gathering baselines.

This thing was very stable at between 17 and 17.2 MPG's. That is, until I Grooved it last weekend. But then, it sat all week, as we waited to get the stuck caliper replaced.

Once that was fixed (it wasn't holding it back, I know.) we took it out, having driven it only about ten miles previously.

Today, we took it out for its first decent run. We went and picked up our weekly dose of fresh from the teat cow's milk (1-1/2 gallons a week), then to the Mushroom Farm for some unusual groceries, then back around to the to the REGULAR grocery store for a couple of regular food items.

All in all, about 75 miles altogether. But here's the neat part. Starting from the overall average (according to my Torque App) of 17.1, as I periodically checked that average, it started ticking up, 0.1 MPG at a time until, when we pulled back into our driveway, it was sitting on 19.4.

That's a solid 13% increase, and with less than three gallons run through it!

This bodes VERY well for the success with this vehicle! It was also the first vehicle to receive my new "Colorizing" technique...

I was cleaning up my shop and found some very interesting coating material. A very durable rubberizing spray, this stuff is WICKED cool! It's available in about 30 different colors, and I have three. Red, Black and White.

While it's a PAIN to apply effectively, it makes a HUGE difference in the visual appeal.

Here's what it looks like in before and after:

And another I practiced on as a surprise for a client:

This coating is TOUGH. Water just rolls off it, the aluminum is NEVER going to oxidize, and you just spray it clean at the car wash with a hose!

Best of all, if you WANT to change the color, it'll just peel off with a little effort, and you can pick a NEW color!

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you guys, because this adds a little MORE sizzle to getting YOUR Groove On!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

2006 Kia Sedona EX First Run: 13% increase in less than 100 miles! 09 Jun 2019 21:12 #2

• Preston
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 19
Any other mods yet besides the groove, or can all 13% thus far be attributed to the aforementioned mod?
(i'm doubting the red did not account for much in the mileage or performance department) :)

2006 Kia Sedona EX First Run: 13% increase in less than 100 miles! 09 Jun 2019 21:15 #3

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
This vehicle was COMPLETELY stock. All mods have been detailed.

But with nothing more than a vacuum cap, I helped one Kia owner double his mileage.

And I don't know if you've noticed, but a CLEANER engine runs BETTER!

So I think the red DID help it...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

• Page: