Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: 91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 06 Jan 2020 01:37 #1

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 20
Another groove done. Our own car it is a 1600 cc carburated the throttle body was mounted in cast iron but i went easy and got thru it without breaking the bit. didn't quite get the full depth and it was a little out of alignment, but first drive i feel a difference in the way the car drives. there seems to be more power and less throttle needed at highway speeds. more info to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 06 Jan 2020 09:12 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
CJ, how about some pics on that job? Add it to the previous post by hitting the edit button so we can celebrate with you!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 07 Jan 2020 02:41 #3

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Sorry groovers but i was so in the groove that i forgot to take photos. I plan on doing more work to this car tho so i with post photos later.

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 07 Jan 2020 13:17 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi CJ! Sounds good. Did you plug or re-route the PCV valve to improve manifold vacuum? I'd bet it has a distributor and old-style plug wires too. Older engines like yours here offer opportunities for gains in Ignition, starting with increasing plug gaps. If $$ and interest allow, you might upgrade the cap rotor and plug wires.

I learned to look for any system or part in a vehicle that I could find a way to reduce parasitic losses. Tire pressure for example. and Friction...

Of course, today Ron has blessed us with the 100% Pure Snake Oil product line. Using the various Snake Oil products in the appropriate areas of your car WILL kill parasitic losses. The resulting improvements in power, MPG's, smoothness, driveability and overall longevity increase has to be experienced to be believed!:woohoo:

The combination of the Groove, our other"Tricks", and the Snake Oil products, can and will vastly increase satisfaction in your and any other vehicle. We here have the world's best proven Arsenal of engine and vehicle improvements. With nearly no parts needed!!

The most important part or tool you need, is your MIND.

and we can thank Ron Hatton for opening the door and showing the way!!:cheer:

(I'll get off the soap box now)

Git 'er done, CJ!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 08 Jan 2020 03:24 #5

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Thanks Tracy, yea I plugged pcv and gapped plugs on this one already, also has s shot of snake oil in engine plus 3ml in gear box and 2 ml in power steering. Many more improvements to come on this car. Got my sight set on some mpg personal bests.

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 27 Jan 2020 01:14 #6

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
New set of plugs on this and have done a carb mod from eagle research which was to put a slight vacuum on the float bowl which seems to get the car to run leaner. after taking proper readings today we are getting 5.5 litre per hundred kilometres average. Mainly highway but about 20-30% city.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 27 Jan 2020 03:44 #7

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
This is great! Keep digging at it for more reductions in fuel consumption!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, cj donaldson

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 28 Jan 2020 04:15 #8

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Thanks yea I plan to see how far I can go with this one.

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 03 Feb 2020 00:09 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
CJ, that's the first time I've seen mention of Eagle Research's Carb. Enhancer mod in quite awhile.

IT always sounded like it would work to me, I bought one back in '03, and tried to use it on one of the carb's that George Wiseman says it won't work on. A Carter BBD on my Super Six 74 Dart Sport. He was right. Glad to see that it seems to work on your ride!

If this Toyota has a distributor ignition, I have several Ignition ideas to give ya...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 20 Feb 2020 03:05 #10

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Yes it does have distributor ignition I would love to hear please. I’m just trying to sort out how to add steam injection to this car as I feel I could lean it out further and still have gd performance.

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 20 Feb 2020 10:52 #11

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
You don’t need to steam the water vapour in, just atomize it:
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

91 toyota corolla 4AF 1600 carb 20 Feb 2020 22:40 #12

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Just a thought.
Have considered a fogger years back to get the same benefits that this intercooler spray would produce but the thought of having to have a separate device to produce the power for this as displayed in this video was a deal breaker. Even purchased a cheap fogger for this cause a few years back but never went further. Didn't want more wires and devices rigged up with the concern involved running wires around thru the cabin wall and then hooking up a separate device to power the fogger. Then the concern of the life of the device/fogger nixed that idea.
Was wondering if anyone thought of rigging something like this up by using the intake manifold vacuum. Instead of having a pump push the water thru the nozzle with the pump needed, have the vaccum pull the water thru the misting nozzle.
Right now we have the vacuum plugged but how much vacuum would be lost if attached to a nozzle that only disperses 1/2 gallon an hour in water under full pressure depending on the orifice hole, the smaller the better. The pressure can also be regulated thru a valve installed on the vacuum hose.
So the set-up would be valve cover - hose to catch can - hose to reservoir - hose to 0.1mm spray nozzle(as fine as one can find) with valve on hose to regulate flow - intake vacuum. This would still be a closed system as to not register a vac leak from unregistered air. This system would be more advantageous to those who have engines that thrive on water injection or high humidity like Tracy's.
I'm sure somewhere someone is using a system similar in theory. Would eliminate the hassle of another power source and then rigging it up to the vehicle.
Just a thought.

Last edit: by kman.