Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: European Toyota 2004 Corolla 1.6L Groove job with PE

European Toyota 2004 Corolla 1.6L Groove job with PE 18 Dec 2021 22:29 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
First off, I have to say thanks to our Admin, Martin! He has FIXED the Forum. The speeds and operation of the Forum are now by far the best Ever!:woohoo:
I've been absent here for quite awhile. I've been very busy with running the Snake Oil and mail in Gadgetman Groove work. I'm very thankful that Ron Hatton passed the operation of both Websites on to me, just before he passed on to his Reward. We miss ya, Ron!

Back in September, a fellow in Sweden named Stefan contacted me. Eventually this turned into an order for 4 separate Groove jobs. The last one of these was for a 2004 Toyota Corolla with manual transmission and a 1.6L engine. European versions of the Corolla got a smaller engine than what was offered here in the USA. He sent this TB to me from Sweden, where he had sourced it from a salvage yard. And this TB is dinky! In fact, all of the TB's Stefan sent over to be Grooved, seemed like miniature TB's.

In any case, I did a Large bit Groove on this little TB, which looked huge in proportion to the overall size. I then did the Power Edge treatment to the edge of the throttle plate, which came out nicely. This TB will go to the Post Office tomorrow on it's way to Stefan in Sweden.
Here's a few pics of this cute little throttle body. Notice the bore size in comparison to the mounting bolt holes.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

European Toyota 2004 Corolla 1.6L Groove job with PE 19 Dec 2021 15:18 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652

Tracy Gallaway wrote: First off, I have to say thanks to our Admin, Martin! He has FIXED the Forum. The speeds and operation of the Forum are now by far the best Ever!:woohoo:

It's the way it should've been from the start. Martin, I know I asked Tracy to tell you on my behalf, but STELLAR JOB! Excelsior!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: