Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help

2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help 09 Jan 2012 10:42 #1

• power-center
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello everybody! I'm writing you from Georgia (Caucasus). And I want to share my situation with you.

I made a 2008 Hyundai Tucson V6. And we got great results in growth of power. But unfortunately there is still no sence of increasing mileage. I think that the groove is done right, otherwise there would be no results in power.
Well, normally I do not capp the PCV valve and there is always a good result in mileage. As well as in this car, I didn't capp it. I couldn't figure out why there is no economy yet and what should I do? Is that right PCV valve to be capped on the attached picture? Also can you tell me IF i capp the PCV valve itself, do I also have to capp the hose, which I disconnect?

Really need your wise advice.
Thank you for your help in advance

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by .

2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help 09 Jan 2012 16:20 #2

• Michael
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm new here so I might be steping out of line.
seems to me if you disconnect anything you need to capp
off both ends.

Last edit: by Michael.

2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help 09 Jan 2012 19:47 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ill try posting this again. Dont plug both sides just plug the vac and leave the other open as it needs to breathe. Try to post the fuel trims long and short if you have a scanner before and after pcv vac plugged this will give us an ideal whats going on to mpg also disconnect the batt after plugging the pcv vac this will let us teach the ecu quicker. Dan gadgetman mo.

2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help 09 Jan 2012 20:09 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Georgia,

As Dan commented, you want to cap the connection on the manifold side. Anything you can do to optimize the manifold vacuum makes the Gadgetman Groove that much more efficient.

As far as the PCV line itself, if you can make a connection on the intake plenum side, that would be the more appropriate thing to do. Even a slight vacuum on that line will draw the crankcase gases back through the engine for burning and keep the 'Groove' process green. It also keeps the process legitimate as there are a lot of rules on what has to be maintained with the pollution controls.

A little added thought, on your throttle body is the Idle Air part of it and if so, where does the air exit the TB under the plate? You may either need to reduce the flow or try to move it if it is close proximity to the apex of the groove.

Keep'm Groovin

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
GadgetmanTacoma (Youtube)

Last edit: by TacomaKarl. Reason: Another thought

2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7. Need Your Help 10 Jan 2012 06:35 #5

• power-center
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello MIchael, Dan, Karl. Thank you, guys! I'll try to do that all you advice to me and see what will be happening. I hope that the PCV capping will do it's job! And if it won't, I'll check the idle air control pathway.

It was my first post here so I'll keep on posting my results further.

• Page: