Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1985 Mitsubitshi mighty max head start

1985 Mitsubitshi mighty max head start 12 Jan 2012 19:56 #1

• Michael
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
New Guy,haven't received my groovy tools yet.I just can't wait to get started.
So this is what I have.Maybe someone has had something to do with one this.I also
just so happen to be in the middle of changeing the engine two a used one of the same
model.This is one those that is designed to be replaced not repaired aka disposable.Just my opinion.Can I get yours?

1985 Mitsubishi light duty truck
Engine family: FMT 2.0T2FCAl
Model: L026
Engine G63B

2.0 four cylinder with a 2 barrel carb.
four speed transmission

I'll enter other specs as I get them

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1985 Mitsubitshi mighty max head start 12 Jan 2012 21:10 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome to the family Micheal,

Some good pictures there, makes it easy to spot some of the target areas.

It looks like there are a total of three Idle Air inlets, two of them to the outside edge of the venturi's and one to the inside edge which will be near the groove. That one, you should pay attention to as it can disrupt the flow of the groove.

Also, the PCV line should be moved off the manifold side to the intake side. Check all your vacuum lines for any leaks.

Basically, the more efficient the manifold vacuum is, the better the Gadgetman Groove will work.

Check out the video's on Youtube, there are several Channels.
Search for GroovyServiBulletins, GadgetmanGlobal and there are others when you get Gadgetman typed in there should be four or five listed that are related.
Lots of good stuff there to review.

Also, when you get your tools, before you put a groove in that carb, check the bit sizes for the one that will give you a full groove without encroaching the bottom edge of the throttlebody. Looks like the small bit may be appropriate. You can always start there and go to the next bit if you still have enough room to keep the bottom intact.

Later
Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
GadgetmanTacoma

Last edit: by TacomaKarl. Reason: random thought

Re: 1985 Mitsubitshi mighty max head start 12 Jan 2012 21:15 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like an easy fix idle air channels jb shut and route a groove to the upper paths above the groove.This one shouldnt take long as soon as you get the bits. Dan gadgetman Mo.

• Page: