Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Honda Civic DX 2010 1.8L

Honda Civic DX 2010 1.8L 01 Feb 2012 22:44 #1

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This was for Clint Gowthrop of Seattle, Washington

This particular Honda, being my first, took about 1 1/2hrs. Ron's video on the Honda air filter box was a big help.

Pre groove readings
Load % 24.7
ShrtFt1 -10.9
LongFt1 -0.8
MAF .224
MAP 7.7
TP 13.3 the off detent position was 30 degrees

Post Groove readings
Load % 22.4
ShrtFt1 -3.1
LongFt1 -1.6
MAF .291
MAP 7.7
TP 13.3

Unfortunately, Clint was limited on time but I could see that the ecu was still adjusting.

On the plus side, Clint had been watching the video's and had talked with Ron so he is familiar with the routine, especially with the Honda's.

Clint will be sending an e-mail as he gets results on the Honda's performance.

This Throttlebody has the coolant lines but there is very little coolant loss when they are disconnected.

Other than the air filter assembly removal/install, the second most difficult part is getting the air intake connecting hose off the TB. The hose clamp TB side clamping screw actually blocked access to the lower left TB mounting bolt.

Overall, removing and re-installing the plenum assembly was most of the work, getting the TB off, grooved and back on (2 connectors with release tabs) was a cakewalk.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TacomaKarl. Reason: signage

Re: Honda Civic DX 2010 1.8L 02 Feb 2012 04:42 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good job Karl looks like the ecu is already learning. Dan gadgetman Mo.

Re: Honda Civic DX 2010 1.8L 26 Feb 2012 02:15 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Report from Clint on his Honda, still getting 34.5mpg average. (He was getting 38mpg average)

I don't know if he's getting gains on the highway and losses on the city driving but I did ask him if he could make that determination.

When I went up to Seattle to 'adjust' things, I swept the groove and reduced the IAC path. The response was noticable and the inherant whistle was there, Clint noticed both.

The Honda manual isn't very clear on the details and I checked an on-line source and that wasn't any better.

Now, be that as it may, my 2007 Avalanche which is getting 23mpg hwy (EPA 20), I found I was only getting 12.9 city. I can see some of this to do with the fuel they're selling us and partially from the lower rpm's on the engine.

Any suggestions?

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: