Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1994 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 4WD

1994 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 4WD 24 Apr 2012 03:00 #1

• MichaelOlympia
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just completed the mod on my 94 Silverado 4x4. I initially cut the groove based on my confused understanding from the topic "new bit angle". I filled it in with jb kwik and then recut according to the dvd. I also rerouted the idle air intake and capped the pcv valve. It took several starting attempts but when it turned on it sounded a quieter and smoother. After doing the ecu processing, it felt like a new truck and lighter on its feet. The service engine soon light comes on. If the whistle everyone refers to is the sound of air being sucked in through the pcv port, I definitely have that. I don't mind it. I currently get 13.33 mpg. I will report back with the mpg at the end of the tank, normally 7 days. I look forward to doing the groove to my 96 dodge dakota 3.9L 4wd and when my lady sees how well it does she'll let me groove her 04 honda cr-v. Thank you Nick Reitter for your document of rerouting the iac, I referred to it often for my first groove.

Thank you greatly,

Michael Apau

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1994 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 4WD 24 Apr 2012 07:26 #2

• MichaelOlympia
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Update: After reading a thread regarding pcv issues, I understood what I had to do. I capped off pcv port. I then rerouted the pcv valve and its line to the backside of the plenum using a T-connector. I had to make about 2-3 full turns on the idle stop screw to keep it running at a decent idle so it would start without fail. I don't hear any whistling like other people get. Service engine soon light still comes on so I need to figure out what that could be. I am really new to working on cars and as much as I have absorbed in study and research, learning from doing is a provoking and efficient teacher.

Thanks again,

Michael

Re: 1994 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 4WD 25 Apr 2012 11:01 #3

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, Mr. Michael!

In order to see what's happening, we need a bit more data. Pictures of everything you've done and (REAL important) what error codes are presenting. This gives us the best opportunity to examine your work and to tell you what's up with the ECU.

Any attempt to diagnose without this information will be like closing your eyes and throwing darts. You're definitely going to hit SOMETHING, but to hit a bulls-eye is "not bloody likely, Mate!"

Keep doing, my friend! You are on the right path!

Ron

Re: 1994 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 4WD 26 Apr 2012 07:55 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Michael,

Are you ever up in the Tacoma area?

A second set of eyes on the patient is never a bad thing. :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

• Page: