Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1994 buick 3.8 thin throttle body on

1994 buick 3.8 thin throttle body on 22 May 2012 04:54 #1

• orrist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi this is orrist in manitoba canada I done the groove on my 94 buick lasaber 3.8 and boy is it thin I had to build it up to cut the groove changed all my vacume lines and pluged the pcv.So far I am getting an increas of around 25% to 30% I think it can do better it was a real pain to take off.I would like to do something with the egr as I think I have a leak there.If any one has any thing that can be done let me know.thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1994 buick 3.8 thin throttle body on 22 May 2012 13:17 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Any thing you do to by pass will throw a check engine light in due time. I reccomend to fix as when it does open its a vaccum leak. You may get a bump in mpg after its fixed remember when all components are working properly the ecu is working for you not against the groove can do its thing. Dan gadgetman mo.

1994 buick 3.8 thin throttle body on 23 May 2012 12:48 #3

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan is correct in this, ESPECIALLY because he said "the ecu (I think he meant to say EGR) is working for you." As the EGR allows heated gases into the intake, it actually aids in vaporization to some degree.

While not all vehicles will throw a code for EGR failure, some will. I recommend cutting a new gasket if you want to see what happens with it out of the system. simply leave one of the openings unopened and the flow will be stopped. You can use an old aluminum can and cut it to match the EGR base.

I say "Try it!" After all, all you need to undo it is a new $2.00 gasket!

Ron

• Page: