Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2008 H-2 and The Gadgetman Plop

2008 H-2 and The Gadgetman Plop 31 May 2012 13:14 #1

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey everybody!

I did an 08 Hummer yesterday evening here in New Jersey for a man I met returning a non-effective fuel efficiency device. Just to see the look on his face, and to help him get what he was after (better mileage) I did it for nothing.

While the customer was (ahem!) guarded to say the least regarding his results, we made a wonderful discovery in performing this mod.

Have you guys ever watched How does The Gadgetman Groove work? on YouTube? You SHOULD have by now. If not, stop reading and go watch it again then come back to this post.

In doing the mod on fly-by-wire GM's, have you ever heard The Gadgetman Plop? You know, that distinctive "plopping" sound that happens after grooving when shutting down the engine? It's peculiar, to say the least!

Here's what we logicked out...

In the process of compression and decompression in The Groove, it seems to carry a charge of air that is retained so long as the engine is running. Turn the engine off and it is released. When it's released, it expands in all directions, INCLUDING back toward the throttle plate!

Estimates now say that 1,000 times compression would not be enough to cause this reaction, but maybe 5,000 times will!

This is unique to those throttle assemblies that are really floppy like the one we're discussing here.

So, when doing the Fly-by systems, you might just want to alert your customer they may hear "The Gadgetman Plop" before you do their mod. Then, when they hear it, simply smile and say:

"Groovy, baby! Just Ga-Roovy!"

Oh, and be sure to watch the flow bench testing video too! It is further validation of the effects we've been talking about for years. Give a BIG thanks to Mike Holler, guys! Both he and his wife Faith will be helping us get what we need to take this Groove Thing to the next level!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: