Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2001 Vauxhall astra 1.8L UK model

2001 Vauxhall astra 1.8L UK model 02 Jun 2012 21:52 #1

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I grooved my mates astra today. The bit went through the side of the throttle body where it was thin, and nearly went into the servo chamber for the drive by wire. There was some JB involved with this one. But it works, the owner had the 'Gadgetman Grin' on his face on the test drive so I know everythings gonna be fine. Will get some before/after emissions results as soon as he gets them done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2001 Vauxhall astra 1.8L UK model 03 Jun 2012 01:57 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
(Just moved into GM Topic)
Phil,

Seems like you are setting the world on fire! (well, at least the UK part of the world!)

Love it!

Because you told the story, and have offered your royalty without being prompted, you set yourself apart, and I salute you.

Score one more Karma!

It's going to be great seeing what you happens as your countrymen find out about The Groove!

Thank you again.

Ron

PS: "The Gadgetman Grin".... First time I ever heard that! But, you gotta admit, it is different, isn't it? Yee-HAH!!!

Last edit: by Gadgetman.

Re: 2001 Vauxhall astra 1.8L UK model 03 Jun 2012 04:28 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hey Phil, that's cool!:side: I and probably others would LOVE to see some pics, if you took any...!! Thanks, a grinning Gadgetman, TracyG GadgetmanReno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: 2001 Vauxhall astra 1.8L UK model 30 Jul 2012 11:59 #4

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I heard some rumours thru a friend that this car was idleing rough after the groove so i called the owner to see what his problem is. Turned out it was the MAF sensor and he sorted it out himself, so no problem with the groove after all. I was however able to pin him down over some fuel consumption data. Before groove he was spending around £50-£60 a week on fuel, now thats dropped to about £40 a week fuel bill. Didnt sound like a lot at first, but £10 X 52 weeks = £520 a year (just over $800 a year), thats a nice bit of change to have really!

• Page: