Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1997 Chevy Suburban 7.4 (454 V8) Grooved

1997 Chevy Suburban 7.4 (454 V8) Grooved 22 Aug 2011 06:05 #1

• JCM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok I took my dad and his 1997 Suburban to pay Ron Hatton aka the Gadgitman a visit last weekend. Ron did his groove and a few other minor things to this gas drinking beast, right away we had a sweet power gain off the line and almost no detectable nasty exhaust fumes at the tail pipe. I have been waiting to post this unti my dad got back to me with his first MPG results.

Prior to the Grove this engine is famous for 8MPG around town maybe 10 if your lucky, and about the same on the highway. The engine is rated to tow 10,500lbs and famous for getting the same mileage no matter what your doing.

First MPG read since the test 237.5 miles driven around town stop and go traffic some short freeway trips. 15.5 gallons of fuel used = 15.32 MPG.

Pretty impressive!

Thanks Ron I will be calling you shortly about the other stuff we discussed while I was visiting.

Jeff McCann

(ADMIN NOTE: 8 mpgs to 15.32 mpgs = 91.5% increased fuel efficiency. 10 to 15.32 mpgs =53.2% increased fuel efficiency. What does this say about reduced emissions?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron.

Re: 1997 Chevy Suburban 7.4 (454 V8) Grooved 22 Aug 2011 15:40 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Jeff and thank you once again for taking part in this "experiment"! It seems there is yet another success story for the Gadgetman Groove!

More than a 50% increase in fuel efficiency! That's something to write home about!

And the hits just keep ROLLING!

Have you heard about his results with the towing yet?

Last edit: by Ron.

Re: 1997 Chevy Suburban 7.4 (454 V8) Grooved 23 Aug 2011 04:39 #3

• JCM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yep and that is city driving stop and go traffic, looking forward to getting some freeway cruising MPG reports from him soon!

If you make it to the LA area for a demo I have 4 or 5 plus myself lined up to get grooved! If you don't make it to LA soon I am coming back to Mesa with my 2005 GMC Yukon to get the groove on baby.

Re: 1997 Chevy Suburban 7.4 (454 V8) Grooved 02 Sep 2011 16:42 #4

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would love to see you again soon, Jeff!

I will be in Hollywood the 24-27th of this month, although I don't have a location firmed up yet.

Wanna help me find a place and bring some folks? Hit me on my e-mail and we'll caht about it!

• Page: