Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder

1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder 28 Dec 2012 03:09 #1

• Harry from Kelowna BC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Completed this engine mod two weeks ago. Plugged the PCV and installed new plugs gaped at 55 thou. No positive results as yet. I'll be checking the EGR next and looking for some vacuum leaks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder 28 Dec 2012 13:06 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"No Results" is always an alarming phrase for me to hear coming from the field. I have, in 1500 applications, never had such a thing.

Would you define what happened when the tb was reinstalled? What conditions did you monitor? Power and Performance? Emissions?

If you truly got "no results" then there is something terribly awry...

Ron

1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder 30 Dec 2012 20:11 #3

• mpgmike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Judging by the age, you may want to replace the oxygen sensor. Chances that bugger is toast. For your application, it shouldn't be too expensive. Give it a try.

Mike

1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder 30 Dec 2012 23:05 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Couldn't find very much data on the 1991 Chevy Sprint, was able to determine that it shares parts with the Geo Metro.

That being the case...

Question - does this engine have an Idle Air Control and does it look anything like this

If so, it needs to be choked down to reduce the vacuum leak.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by TacomaKarl.

1991 Chev sprint 3L 3 cylinder 26 Jan 2013 00:39 #5

• Harry from Kelowna BC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'll check for an Idle Air Control unit and post my findings. I did replace the oxygen sensor for only $20.00. It is very difficult to control all variables in winter conditions, idling time and so on but I will post the fuel consumption records from all fill ups since December when I put the car back into service for the winter. It is my winter beater.

• Page: