Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: 1999 chev 4.3 L vortec

1999 chev 4.3 L vortec 29 Jan 2014 18:22 #25

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My codes are back , this time i noticed service engine light come on as i was slowing down for a red light, same codes , idle air high rpm, so what is next step maybe bore the idle air hole smidge bigger???? engine after warming does run maybe 50 to 100 rpm faster than when we first started to remedy the problem. Sure hate to change the way it runs . I will consider any and all advice
.............Greg P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1999 chev 4.3 L vortec 29 Jan 2014 20:58 #26

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Greg, when you were slowing down for that red light, was it in gear using engine braking to help slow down? If it was, and you had foot off the throttle, that generates a high intake man. vacuum. Could be the ECU didn't like what the MAP sensor was telling it then. Yes, I'd advise drilling the IAC restriction hole a tad. And/or adjusting the PCv restriction open a tad.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

1999 chev 4.3 L vortec 31 Jan 2014 22:24 #27

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Tracy G , I bored my iac hole from 1/8 to 9/64 while i had t.b. off built up the thin walls and put the big groove on the filter side . i can see the shape of the groove now with the bigger groove, the way i have cut it with the regular big bit the shape is more like a C and wider than the single cut groove. not much to be seen of the flat cut. Truck seems to run even better. Took the truck out and did some of the motor breaking with foot off pedal several times , no codes yet, time will tell.
............Greg P