Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2002 Olds Silhouette got the Groove!

2002 Olds Silhouette got the Groove! 29 Oct 2011 04:12 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
My first groove and it feels like a success! I can see where "doing the Mods" works, as the more I'll do, the better I'll get. Noticed a definite response off idle. I've only driven it a few miles - now late friday night. I need to plug off the pcv and make a few more adjustments. Working on getting a 4 or 5 gas analyser on a trial basis - local manufacture.

Tomorrow I will do my 2003 Chevy 2500 HD with 6.0 liter. Currently gets 14 mpg.

Looking forward to more grooves!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2002 Olds Silhouette passes the "Dryer Test" 06 Nov 2011 01:52 #2

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Just checked our 2002 Silhouette with the Groove. Plugged off the pcv yesterday and checked the exhaust today - it definitely smells better. I was hesitant, not knowing how it smelled before the mod, but it DOES smell like a dryer vent. I will try to contact our local Exhaust Gas Analyser manuf. for a test and see how it measures up - who knows, I might get more than a few surprised looks and a few Mods in return!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

2002 Olds Silhouette passes the "Dryer Test" 06 Nov 2011 14:13 #3

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What do you think of your exhaust now Scott? I had a gentlman from Colorado come and do the groove on his 94 Buick Roadmaster.

He was amazed how it did not have the sulfur smell anymore. He said the same thing

DRYER VENT SMELL. Think that is less polllution? Looking forward to the gas analyzer test results.

Remember you must also do the same thing with crankcase vent also. Keep up the good work Scott.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

• Page: