TOPIC: 2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6

2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6 10 Apr 2019 19:35 #133

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
  • Thank you received: 256
You mean like this?
lookee here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GregK.

2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6 17 Apr 2019 15:54 #134

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
Ok, so I promised an updated photo of my PCV and MAP re-jigging, so here it is:

Starting from the mid right side of the pic, you'll see the green Granatelli spark plug wires coming underneath the wiring for the MAP enhancer circuit. The sensor itself was moved from where you see the inverted vacuum cap in the manifold next to the blue potentiometer, just above the green wires, to where the factory PCV bung is, right downstream of the TB. I initially had the hose more than 2x as long as it is now, but since I've shortened it, I've gotten MUCH better results/mileage/economy (however you look at it).

Now for the PCV re-route: as this is a transverse mounted V6, only one valve cover is accessible without rolling the engine, so I can't easily show you the vacuum cap with a bolt in it that I used to plug the factory breather intake, so you'll have to trust me that it's back there next to the EGR valve and under heater hoses. That said, it's easy to see the upsized rubber hose from the nipple on the front valve cover to the factory breather source port on the intake tube, right below where the spark plug wires for the front bank cross the factory wire bundle. I wonder if there's a way for me to post a correctly oriented photo, as I see it when I lift the hood. That'll be another post, and I'll mark things with arrows and text.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, Wes

2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6 17 Apr 2019 16:42 #135

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
Hopefully this picture is worth more than the proverbial thousand words:

If you double click and zoom in with ctrl+/-, you should be able to read what's what.

the PCV re-route, again, is: the breather destination port on the "back" of the engine has been plugged with a bolt in a vacuum cap, but the breather source on the intake tube is re-purposed as the PCV reroute destination, with the PCV source location remaining the same as the factory engineers intended. what I like about this is that it maintains the direction of flow the designers set up, so if they optimised things, we're not fighting flows.
the MAP sensor got moved to where the PCV vapours were intended to go, but we usually put our vacuum cap...right behind the TB. it got moved from mid-back on the manifold, and that was easy to plug...so another vacuum cap. The metal strap the factory put on the stud that the engine cover attaches to, i imply flipped over and re-purposed it to be my MAP enhancer potentiometer location...a cable tie holds it there til I get around to fabricating a bracket I can stick the shaft of the pot through, like a proper circuit board does.

This is, in my opinion, the best the PCV re-route has ever been on this vehicle. I had teed the lines together, but somehow now the throttle response is better and mileage is up. because of the MAP enhancer, it doesn't vary as much when it the temperature goes down at night or in fall/winter/early spring as it used to prior to this circuit and relocating the sensor.

Next step is installing the EFIE to the upstream o2...but that'll be next week when I take her in for some new back brakes

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Wes

2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6 08 May 2019 09:12 #136

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
Yesterday I had some free time and got to thinking about my MAP re-location.
While I’ve seen slight gains, I haven’t been sure the sensor was seeing the full depth of the manifold vacuum, being attached to the former PCV orifice tube. So I pulled it, and with my Dremel, zapped off the small orifice and found there was enough material to flare the opening further.
I wish I had taken before/after pics, because the difference at the accelerator pedal is quite striking. Throttle response is more accurate than it has ever been: a feather’s weight of difference either way translates immediately. And the re/re and mod took maybe 10 minutes.
If I have a few minutes before the sun goes down, I’ll take a pic of the results, and try to find a reference pic of what the factory put on to show the difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5litre V6 28 May 2019 14:52 #137

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
EFIE installed!
for some preliminary results on how it affected Wendy, go see the last post here
needless to say, I'm kicking myself for dragging my feet to get it put on.
as time goes on (it has only been 4-5 days since installation, and 210miles or so), I'll update the gains. these numbers are average combined city/highway miles since I got the vehicle (including the pre-groove period), and include extended idle times to warm her up in the winter.

I think the next thing I'll tackle is some water injection. I'm considering a closed loop system, with the BMW cyclone seperator back on the PCV re-route, the drain of which would feed a coil around the exhaust manifold, that would steam back up through a valve into the intake at the point I relocated my MAP sensor.
Stay tuned, gadgetfolk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway