Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2000 chevy astro van

2000 chevy astro van 25 Jul 2018 02:53 #1

• Steve Goosney
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi, again I'm new here, found this site online, ordered a throttle body for my 2005 chevy suburban. Ron suggested that i do a few things, gap the plugs which i also did, the dealer says they should be gapped at 45 thousandths, the ngk double platinum plugs i bought two months ago came pre gapped at 45 thousandths, i plugged in a spareplug and couldn't see any difference all the way up to 80 thousandths.... also seemed outrageous to me, but tried it, yet found that my astro does hesitate a bit! Drag... two hour process of taking off the front wheels and changing the plug gap... It does accelerate better...... am tracking gas consumption to see where she falls. Also re routed the pcv valve to the hose on the passenger valve cover, got that from this forum, Ron seems to think that is pointless, just plug it he says.... really this all started a few years ago, like with my suburban, trying to improve gas mileage, which has been around 17 L per 100 km, (15.96 miles per gallon) don't have the on board computer display, but close to this.... in town, gets a little better on the hiway, but only long trips, which don't happen very often. Recent work is as follows like my suburban: new magnaflow y pipe, cat, steel pipe and 50 series delta flow master muffler (magnaflow didn't make one for my astro van, but we found magnaflow was too loud on our suburban anyways), oxygen sensors, plugs, wires, even cleaned the throttle body with seafoam spray and seafoam tank additive..... plus regular maintenance, none of this improved the milesge here either..... so I'm hoping the recent changes will make a huge difference, and after the throttle body arrives for my suburban, I'll consider it for my astro, I'll update this profile once i know numbers! Thanks! Steve 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: