Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2005 chevy suburban 1500 5.3L

2005 chevy suburban 1500 5.3L 25 Jul 2018 03:08 #1

• Steve Goosney
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
Oooops! tried adding pics, on the last two posts... screwed up and the ads were submitted before i was done...
Hi, again I'm new here, found this site online, ordered a throttle body for my 2005 chevy suburban. Ron suggested that i do a few things, gap the plugs which i did, the dealer says they should be gapped at 45 thousandths, the ngk double platinum plugs i bought two months ago came pre gapped at 40 thousandths, i plugged in a spareplug and couldn't see any difference all the way up to 90 thousandths.... seemed outrageous to me, but tried it, runs totally awesome! It does accelerates better...... am tracking gas consumption to see where she falls. Also capped the pcv valve.... really this all started a few years ago, like with my astro van, trying to improve gas mileage, which has been around 17.7 L per 100 km, (15.96 miles per gallon) it has the on board computer display. So this would be an average of in town & hiway, but it does get a little better on the hiway, but only long trips, which don't happen very often. Recent work is as follows like my astro: new magnaflow y pipe, tail pipe and muffler, but we found the muffler is too loud for my wifes liking, oxygen sensors, plugs, wires, even cleaned the throttle body with seafoam spray and seafoam tank additive..... plus regular maintenance, none of this improved the milesge here either..... so I'm hoping the recent changes will make a huge difference, and after the throttle body arrives, I'll consider it for my astro, I'll update this profile once i know numbers! Thanks! Steve 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: