Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: pcv valve/system issues

pcv valve/system issues 31 Jan 2019 17:43 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
kman - are you the person formerly known as karl411?

I did the search and came up with a bunch of posts.
While the results seem to be lackluster or inconclusive, I've met with reknowned fuel economy expert George Wiseman a number of times (he lives 25 miles up the road from me), and each time he encourages me to put Water injection on my car over his own HHO products, so I have a pretty good degree of faith that it will work, because George is a straight shooter. I think between Ron and George, we can make a serious number of cars significantly more energy efficient AND improve their performance at the same time. My next big mod will be plasma ignition on a waste spark engine - something Aaron Murakami has (I think) overcomplicated in his book. Sure, cars have changed, but the basics remain. (You might be able to tell I'm an advocate of Carpentry, rather than simply swinging a hammer)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

pcv valve/system issues 31 Jan 2019 22:24 #14

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
That guy is me.
Tried getting on with the old name and the site would not let me.
Tried a few different times even with new names and addresses and was rejected. Seems to be an issue of success with me.
The engine ran rough when I tried it but the system was not as advanced as the one in the video. Had it on for months with no
success so took it off. It was the same system Tracy tried but I dont think he had success either.
Could have been the Ford system and/or just a too old engine also.
At least I did see a difference in torque with the groove this time but really looking for much higher MPG's.
Did you find and remember those old posts?

pcv valve/system issues 31 Jan 2019 23:14 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Here's my 2 cents on this.
First off this is not criticism. Greg K is one of the most successful Gadgetmen ever in terms of result's achieved on a personal vehicle.
The immediate thing to deal with is what to do if water/milkshake goo shows up in the crankcase, after a PCV re-route. This obviously is aggravated in cold or wet weather. Cold increases condensation, wet weather adds water vapor in the atmosphere.
So, you can add a water separator , but this works best if there is active crankcase evacuation (the stock PCV system).

If the re-route , or filling/plugging the PCV valve have been done, and then the water/goo appears...What I did on my '85 Subie was to restore the PCV back to stock, with a change. I added restriction in the hose between the PCV valve and the man. vacuum port. I put in 2 pieces of hose-in-a-hose into the PCV hose. By looking and playing a bit with various kinds of hose- fuel line, vacuum line, windshield washer hose. It's possible to create a restriction in that hose. If not familiar, go look in the auto parts store at hoses--you will understand easily. Each engine and vehicle will be similar, and also unique. Restrict the hose I.D. down to 1/16 to 1/8" inch. The I.D. of windshield washer hose is about right. There's lots of this hose on most every car in every junkyard...

Be creative, this ain't Rocket Surgery!

I also use an air/oil separator setup in the PCV hose, and it works great. I simply made a bigger catch can to extend drain intervals.

The restriction method is a compromise. You give up some of the benefit of the PCv re-route, but control water condensation in crankcase. IF your own car, or a customer you can work with. you can even set it up to be able to switch between the restriction, and full PCV re-route.

Another way is to add a valve in the stock PCV valve hose/line. Normally kept closed to block vacuum, if the water/goo shows up in crankcase, crack it open 'till warmer/drier weather.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

pcv valve/system issues 01 Feb 2019 10:19 #16

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Karl (and everyone else)
Whenever you have trouble logging in, DON'T START ANOTHER ACCOUNT!

Whether it is with THIS site, or any other site of which you are a member. Contact an administrator and ask them for their help.

I have reset more passwords than I would care to count, but it's a part of my commitment to give you guys a place to share your ideas and to help one another overcome the restrictions TPTB have implemented us to keep us under their thumbs.

We MUST work TOGETHER to be of the greatest good to the greatest number...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

• Page: