Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1992 chevy c2500 hd throttle body

1992 chevy c2500 hd throttle body 04 Feb 2019 16:32 #1

• Luke Triviz
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello everyone. This mod is on my1995 chevy c2500hd camper truck and it is my first duel port throttle body. I had to build up the inside icu sensor area with epoxy and reroute the icu pathway away from the grove area. I used the large bit to do the cutting. The grove was done with the same bit and a business card to hold the throttle plate in position for the cut. I think I could have made it a little longer but I didn't want to damage the bit bye hitting the axle shaft so the cut is a little short. I also plugged the pcv valve on the throttle body and on the left side of my engine head. I cut a new gasket for it also and adjusted the idle with a t25 torx wrench and then started the ecu conditioning process. I made a short video on this and posted it to my youtube but didn't show the widening of the icu groove I ended up doing to ensure it would breath. The engine is responding with more power but I haven't taken it on a long trip so far. I will update soon on performance. My youtube is luke triviz and I apologize for the quality im just learning to use youtube but it seems very easy. Thank you for any feedback and more reports are comming
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1992 chevy c2500 hd throttle body 04 Feb 2019 17:13 #2

• Luke Triviz
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 10
I just realized I didn't need to use a business card to hold the throttle plate open because it is cable driven not a computer controlled unit. Im going back in to fill it and re cut. attention to detail private.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

1992 chevy c2500 hd throttle body 05 Feb 2019 21:44 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Luke, congrats on doing your GM TBI TB. I have not watched the video yet. Did you look in the Archives at previous posts detailing how to do these TBI units? The Archives have a few such posts, from me and other G Men, with good pics and great detail.

Glad to see you posting here, Brother! Keep going and posting!:cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

• Page: