Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 08 Sep 2019 20:09 #1

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Before machining the Gadgetman Groove, i'm getting an average of 36.4mpg

Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Michael Lee. Reason: More video content

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Sep 2019 12:45 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
How did this mod work out, before you put the BAC Bifilar coils on it? Have you dosed the engine with the Snake Oil treatment?
Were you able to sort out the PCV system to cap the manifold vacuum source?

Lots of posts showing all the activity, but no flow of the process or results; right now, there is quite the element of "But wait - There's more!"
See it through, please, step by step. Newcomers here have to be led to the water, not made to search for it.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 22 Sep 2019 22:49 #3

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I've been excited to follow up with you guys here, but, well, life. The mod worked well as it always does! The coiled fuel line complimented the groove very well. I put 5ml snake oil into the oil, drove it once today and was in a rush with the kids but I'm feeling very confident that it's doing its job because I'm positively impressed with the reports I'm seeing, and worked amazing in our 07' focus 2.0L. I spoke to a GM mechanic at the forest lake, MN dealership about the pcv location. He pulled up a diagram and said it doesn't require having one, only the crankcase breather hose. I asked "if this engine doesn't need a pcv, then why put them on other ones?" He replied "it's an old design, so it doesn't make sense" You see, it's not that complicated. If you see something that doesn't quite make sense why it's there, it's usually an INEFFICIENCY. God bless that simple minded mechanic!
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 23 Sep 2019 12:21 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
a Factory-implemented Inefficiency, you mean.
This is proof to me that big oil, big business and the banks are in cahoots with the government to keep the average joe on the hook to them to the detriment of mankinfd and the planet.

If you're not familiar with this film, I encourage you to consider some of the messages and perspectives in it:

EDIT - from the mouths of babes:

More
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

Last edit: by GregK.

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 17 Oct 2019 10:38 #5

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Today, ive got to drive 45 minutes at 60mph. This will be the test drive that will mimic my first pre-groove mpg testing of this car when i got an average of 36mpg.
Ive grooved the throttle, and added 5cc's of Ron's EPIC snake oil in the cranckcase. I recently added the coolant complex he formulated, and the slithery fuel system stuff too!!
I've replaced the pre-cat 02 sensor, yet still have a hair-line crack in the exhaust manifold BEFORE the sensor.

I've ordered through Amazon Prime, Permatex 2,000*F sealant to take care of that.

I'll update asap,

Gadgetman Michael
Michael Lee

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Andrew Leyva

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 17 Oct 2019 20:34 #6

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Here's the first 45 minute drive graph at 60mph after replacing the dead 02 sensor. I stopped twice
AND drove it like i stole it!

I also had to clear 2 check engine lights along the way. The first one could actually be a GOOD one! This "Efficiency below threshold" may indicate the cat converter is significantly COOLER!
I believe this means the fuel is burning inside the engine where it belongs! And NOT the exhaust.
I cleared the code and it did not come back! However i may need to replace my knock sensor. Time will tell.

Here's the before groove graph

Michael Lee

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 20 Oct 2019 21:10 #7

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
After Grooving, adding snake oil (oil, fuel, and coolant) the high flow filter, and BAC coil on my fuel line, my mileage is really incredible. Take a look.

Michael Lee

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman, Preston

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 20 Oct 2019 22:08 #8

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Woah! 20-something to 37 to 60MPG...that’s pretty incredible.
You’re in the range of a tripling of mileage, Michael.
Good work!
And Ron - congratulations. And thanks.
We all need to start sliding down the highways and byways in a snake oily groove.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 20 Oct 2019 23:02 #9

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Greg,
The first link did not work.
There is a documentary called "Gashole" which documents the scam of big oil control which you probably know about.
The same people who control the oil control many other aspects of our life, not just oil.
Youtube "Lindsey Williams" since he worked side by side with these devils and saw their first hand workings and how they controlled politicians for their agenda. He worked with them on the Alaska pipeline.
Here is a link that goes further. Shows the plans of these devils and the ultimate goal, a one world govt. controlled by them.

And that is what this "global warming/climate change" scam is all about. A back door way to scare the masses into giving up their freedom and sovereignty to a one world govt. body in the guise of "saving the planet". One need not have to be a Rhode scholar to understand or see this. Just have some common sense.
But lets not get off subject. Just thought this info will shine some light for those who are still in the dark on how things work in the real world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 20 Oct 2019 23:12 #10

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yes it is!!
Thanks for the positivity Greg, the only thing is that I've NEVER seen this range of MPG's on any ride before.
This happened tonight on my 45 minute drive to Pine city, MN and back home. 56mpg average there, 60mpg on the way back. The mileage was climbing so fast, i suspect if I'd kept driving another hour or 2 i would have hit 100mpg.
As mentioned before, this car seems to throw codes alot even though I'm gaining mileage.

30 miles after installing the new pre-cat 02 sensor, it threw the p0420 "cat converter efficiency below threshold" (bank 1) and the p0326 "knock sensor 1 circuit range" (bank 1) then tonight the p0171 "lean condition" (again bank 1)

I just keep clearing the codes when they come up.
I've got way more power, and my coolant temperature seems lower than normal. Operating beautifully.
Though I remember after having Ron groove our 15 passenger 5.9L throttle (8mpg's to 17.5mpg's) it threw 6 codes within 100 miles or so. Alot of them were silly really, and unrelated to a simple throttle swap. Once cleared, they never came back.

What could be the cause of these codes tonight?!
I"ve yet to seal the hairline crack on my exhaust manifold before the first 02 sensor. That could be a reason.
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Wes, kman

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Oct 2019 11:32 #11

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yet another code, this time the MAF. But hey, with snake oil in my crankcase I'm not worried a bit about piston damage from a "lean condition"

Michael Lee

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Oct 2019 11:58 #12

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Michael,
I think that damage to pistons from too lean is a farce perpetrated over the years by big oil to scare those who learned how to lean out the fuel mixture to their disdain. Is the purpose of fuel there to lubricate or cool pistons?
How did Charles Pogue or Tom Ogle get over 100mpg with no engine problems?
How else would those who create systems that get over 1300mpg survive if that was the case?
Or how would those who use LPG engines survive if fuel was used to cool the pistons?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, Preston

Last edit: by kman.
  • Page: