Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 Grand Prix supercharged Grooved Terry Keller

2003 Grand Prix supercharged Grooved Terry Keller 05 Dec 2011 01:25 #1

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello my fello Gadgeteers, I just finished a groove on a 2003 Grand Prix 3.8 supercharged engine.

This car was a fairly easy fly by wire throttle body.

I had trouble locating the pcv valve, so I called Ron and then I found it when I was talking tom him.

It was located under a little cover with 2 screws. You'll have to take the pcv out, and it will have a spring around it. On the bottom side of the pcv itself you will have to fill hole in with jb kwik, let it dry and put it back in the hole. This is just like putting a cap on port outside of engine.

I will post a link on this mod soon on Youtube of what this looks like.

Otherwise car ran well after mod. Terry reported he thought it had gained 2-3 mpgs on the way home that night. He is very pleased and he is bringing a 1995 3500 with 5.7 TBI throttle bodied engine. YEE HAH, I love return customers. A little groove gets a lot of business.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AronCheek.

2003 Grand Prix supercharged Grooved Terry Keller 11 Apr 2012 05:02 #2

• parrish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Did you ever get the mods posted on YouTube for the 3800 engine of the Grand Prix? I am starting on a grand prix Wednesday and would like some help if you are available. It is my first grove.

Thank you
Parrish Stevens
785 221-4285

2003 Grand Prix supercharged Grooved Terry Keller 11 Apr 2012 06:55 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I'm glad this one came up, as I will be grooving a '99 Olds 88 w/ the 3800 series 2 motor pretty soon. Couldnt find the PCV then looked online and found out how PCV is under that plate, w/a spring. So if you fill in lower section of PCV w/ JB and reinstall, how does the part of motor vented by PCV "breathe" ? Meaning I'm used to thinking on a v engine like this V6, one valve cover has an air inlet from filtered air to feed in fresh air so the PCV (typically on the opposite valve cover)can pass crankcase gas through to a manifold vacuum source. I dont understand the passages on the intake manifold(s) found on these Series 2 and newer GM 3800's, have not looked inside yet. If we block off the PCV valve this way, does the motor only now vent crankcase through the air inlet breather hose, or?? Thanks anyone who can answer this one! TracyG
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2003 Grand Prix supercharged Grooved Terry Keller 11 Apr 2012 10:45 #4

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Parrish, yes I did. It tells you where the pcv is located. It can be found on Gadgetmannebraska1 on Youtube. If you have any questions, feel free to call me,

My number is 402-719-7064. If I don't answer please leave a message and I will get back to you.

• Page: