Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1995 Chevrolet 3500 4x4 5.7 (TBI)

1995 Chevrolet 3500 4x4 5.7 (TBI) 05 Dec 2011 01:41 #1

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Did another groove for Mr. Terry Keller. This time it was on a 1995 3500 4x4 pickup with throttle body injection.

After modification I regapped sparkplugs at .052. Factory specs are .035. It seemed to make a difference in horsepower.

I still wasn't satisfied with the way the engine was running. It still had a lot of gas smell coming from exhaust.

I found the problems on 3 vacuum lines that were leaking. I went ahead and relocated the the map sensor vac hose on another port on the intake away from the throttle body.

I have very pleased when I started pickup it started with one crank of starter. It runs so smooth now you can't believe it's the same vehicle.

Terry has not come to pick the vehicle up yet, but I am very excited to see his response when he drives it.

I would like to end with saying that like the little groove a little vacuum leak can make a big difference also. I forgot to mention that there is hardly any smell coming from tailpipe now.

Go to link ( GadgetmanNebraska/servibulletin on YOUTUBE) for a video on importance of finding all vavuum leaks

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek Groovin, and Groovin , and more Groovin to come.YEE HAH how fun this is and how fun it is to keep learning new things about effects of groove, and illnesses that can cause groove to lose effect.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AronCheek.
  • Page: