Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 chev 2500 4x4

2003 chev 2500 4x4 23 Dec 2011 14:53 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
did the mod on a 2003 chev 4x4 plugged pcv and the other line off throttle body groove went very well went from 11 mpg on first run to 16mpg right out of the gate customer seems very pleased said he mainly wanted the power as he pulls a large camper.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2003 chev 2500 4x4 24 Dec 2011 04:21 #2

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Dan,

You are amazing! Does this vehicle have the 6.0 liter? I'm thinking even though I plugged off the pcv on my 2003 2500, I believe I vented the other line off the throttle body - maybe that's why my mileage did not improve. Thanks for the tip and keep grooving!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: 2003 chev 2500 4x4 24 Dec 2011 15:33 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Scott and others what I have found is if you dont plug the other line the air will actually draw from the engine instead of being pulled in kinda like a whistle ventura effect like when you blow air into a y pipe one side is vac other is pressure causing the wave form to be distorted. going into the intake vacum is the key source but we are also creating a freq with the waveform. If you want to hear if your changing the freq in the intake take a stethoscope and listen at the throttle body just by hooking up the hose and then the other way plugged completely diff freq. Normally the air travel would be down the tube then drawn up pcv side plugging actually will draw back up into the air path. Dan gadgetman mo.

• Page: