Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 suburban

2003 suburban 23 Dec 2011 15:09 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
grooved a 2003 chev suburban groove went well plugged pcv and throttle hose both these vehicles are flyby wire before mpg 14 at 65 mpg I got 19.8 and this is also a 4x4 I think this is going to get even better as the fuel trims are running neg 7 and 8 long and short. Only time will tell. For those of you who may not understand the fuel trims this is a very good indicator on if you will gain mpg and how much. Also watch your tps degree and you will notice when the ecu starts to teach the newangle to the tps. Although you may not all have scanners they do help understand whats really going on. If you need any help give me a call on understanding the ecu. Dan gadgetman mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2003 suburban 24 Dec 2011 04:30 #2

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Dan,

What type of Scan tool do you use? Where I work I can use the GM Tech 2, but there are less expensive units out there. I've seen some dash mounted units for less than $80.00. You are an encouragement to me and all of us. Merry Christmas from Michigan!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: 2003 suburban 24 Dec 2011 16:01 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes Scott the 2500 was a 6.0 and this 5.3 The scanner I use is a mac taskmaster Ive had several years but tells about all you need. Everyone if you have a scanner that reads the fuel trims and map,mass air flow always hook up first and see the original numbers and doc on paper that way when your done youll know if you made the right change and wether or not you need to reset ecu. This seems to be the best ind for me and I dont have to wait to see if Im getting better mileage if it doesnt have a mpg gauge. The fuel trims and the air flow will tell the true tale. If you show big pos numbers the ecu will have to be reset and if you did move the map and you still have plus no. then you may need to relocate it this is a very good gauge ind I may be over stressing the point Im just a believer in not having to re invent the wheel if we dont have too. If anyone does move components let us all know especially the pos results as it will save us all time and we can all benefit from the pos results and we can grow together. Ive seemed to have latched onto the chev market well in my little town as word has traveled fast but the others will come soon and Ill keep you posted on all good or bad. REMEMBER NEG NUMBERS ON FUEL TRIMS ARE OUR FRIENDS. We are like doctors performing minor surgery and it doesnt hurt to have a few instruments and gauges to keep us all on the same path.

• Page: