Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1992 S-10 Blazer from 17 to 29.4 MPG.

1992 S-10 Blazer from 17 to 29.4 MPG. 12 Jun 2011 22:30 #1

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am posting an update on our 1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a 4.3 V-6 engine. This vehicle was the first vehicle in Nebraska to get the groove.

We experienced a major horsepower increase and a mileage increase from 16 to 19 mpg. After a while, it dropped in mileage.

I tried an e.f.i.e. to fool the signal from the oxygen sensor to the computer, with no changes. I removed the e.f.i.e. I then relocated the map sensor vaccum line to the #5 cylinder location on the intake in order for the map sensor to read a different air pressure then what the groove was putting out. Still no change.

On June 9, I was speaking to another gadgetman about filling in the idle air path. I decided to try it. I was surprised when horsepower increased again, and an amazing increase in mileage from 16 to 22 mpg!

A test run was done for 53 miles, with very exciting results, of an another increase from 22 to 26 mpg.

I continued to check for vaccuum leaks with starting fluid. I found a vaccuum leak coming from the egr. After fixing this issue, I did another test run and once again mileage increased from 26 to 29.4 mpg! What a testimony to how much the vaccuum affects the groove and it's abilities!

This has been a lengthy process, but well worth the time and money spent. The mileage calculates to an AMAZING 72.9% increase.

Just a reminder, this is a process, so don't get discouraged my Gadgetman partners. Always check for vaccuum leaks very thoroughly. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Sincerely GadgetmanNebraska, Aron Cheek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AronCheek. Reason: Ron graciously encouraged my wife to assist me.

Re: 1992 S-10 Blazer from 17 to 29.4 MPG. 13 Jun 2011 00:17 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations, Aron!

I do believe your math is wrong, however. If you divide the after mileage by the before mileage, you will find the mileage has increased 72.9%!!!

Way to go, amigo!

A little groove can make a BIG difference, can't it?

Ron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: