Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2001 Chevy express 3500

2001 Chevy express 3500 30 Jan 2012 16:12 #1

• mcleodm02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I grooved the family car last week (yes we have a big family), its a 15 passenger van.

First off it was a pain in the butt to get the TB off. Far enough back that you can just barely reach it and its about the same distance if you take apart the dash and get at it from the inside.

I did not cap the pcv or and of the vacuum lines. Mainly because they were all just so dang hard to get too!

Originally it got between 10 and 12 mpg average.

We took it on a 200mile round trip the other day. On the way there we averaged 17mpg (i was using my kiwi OBD2 scanner) and we had a really strong head wind.

On the way home the wind had died down and we averaged 20mpg the whole way back.

That's over a 60% improvement if you compare the averages! That's incredible! :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2001 Chevy express 3500 01 Feb 2012 03:45 #2

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:woohoo: What a testimony mcleodm02, by the way we are a family here, have you got a name?

This is incredible to see gains like this on a 15 passenger van.

I have a daycare with big vans I would like to introduce groove to. Is there any way you can do a video or take pictures to show them possibly.

Keep up the good work.

I would however cap off port for pcv on intake and route the pcv into the intake tube as well as the passive vent.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Re: 2001 Chevy express 3500 01 Feb 2012 05:02 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Aron meet Matt

Matt meet Aron :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: 2001 Chevy express 3500 01 Feb 2012 16:47 #4

• mcleodm02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Karl! :) like he said. I'm Matt Mcleod :)

And thanks for the advice! I'm going to open it back up and see if I cant get to the pcv when I get home, as i am in Mesa, AZ right now. ;) But I would be glad to snap some photos and videos for you!

Re: 2001 Chevy express 3500 01 Feb 2012 17:12 #5

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Matt!

What size engine does you van have? I could help you locate and cap off the pcv line and relocate things if you need help.

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

• Page: