Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!

TOPIC: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 24 Oct 2012 02:39 #13

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan, I think maybe I will reset the ecu & try running through 3 tanks and see if there is any changes, but I think I will leave the hho hooked up.I did check the vacuum before the groove & after the groove and it seems the same so maybe I am still missing something or maybe it just has too many miles on it.I wonder how much vacuum goes through the egr pipe going directly to the intake & if it will work if I block it off or will it cause a check engine code.Did you ever do a I.A.T. mod?

Gordy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 24 Oct 2012 13:03 #14

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
the egr is a direct vacum loss when open but it is closed longer than open under norm cond.

This will be major leak if not working properly. Yes the intake air temp sensor gives signal to ecu and adj timing but remember the ecu double and triple checks with other sensors if no bal in maps then it throws code and dumps fuel. A res in line will change and res tapped to wire then to ground will change iat voltages.

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 24 Oct 2012 14:38 #15

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Any time you are adding Oxygen to the system, you are defeating the entire purpose. Adding Hydrogen alone is okay, but the oxygen is B A D.

Please go back to the basics. If you need to see training manual, it would be a pleasure to send it to you. Just request one through email.

Ron

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 26 Oct 2012 01:42 #16

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,
I don't think the oxygen should be a problem since I am running Dan's "super fuel", but I will try it with it & without it.I think that I did pretty much everything I could, but if you want to send more info or offer any more suggestions, that's fine.

Gordy

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 16 Nov 2012 07:29 #17

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Gordy.

Tell me how its going on this van!

In fact, tell us all. We're dying to know!!!!

Ron

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 00:31 #18

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,
Not a van but a 1997 Chrysler Cirrus.I did all the mods, ran through 2 tanks & still no mileage or performance gains.I don't know what I'm missing.Any ideas?I do have a whistle a part throttle, so I would assume that it's working.

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 00:47 #19

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gordy,can you get me the fuel trims It sounds like your o2s may not be working properly if all else checks ok. The groove will increase mpg at least alittle on about everything Ive seen unless something is telling the ecu not to let it.

The cat o2s and all other emission devices must be working properly as the fuel controllers,o2s,will cut back fuel as the groove shows a richer mixture not leaner as most think and the ecu will cut the time down on injectors leading to neg fuel trims.
Most seem to think the groove lets in more air leaning it out but its the opposite,the groove richens the fuel in better vapor form telling the ecu to cut back fuel also the tps sees less angle telling ecu to cut fuel back also.

Dan gadgetman mo

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 01:28 #20

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,
I set 2 x gauges for short & long term fuel trims and checked them at idle and at 1700.Short at idle between -4 to 7, at 1700 between -4 to 7.Long term at idle 4 to 5, 1700 -4 to 12.

Gordy

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 01:46 #21

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'll ask....

Gordy, what kind of guages are you using to read fuel trims?

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 02:26 #22

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I use my scan gauge 2.

Gordy

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 02:42 #23

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I went back through the posts...

Have you actually checked to see what the manifold vacuum is?

For a 2.5L V6 those long term trim numbers are way off.

200,000 + miles on the car I'm thinking that Dan is on the money with the O2 sensors.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Re: no mileage or performance gains from grooved car 17 Nov 2012 03:05 #24

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 with 1 gauge & 19 with another gauge which I think is more accurate.The fuel trims really bounce around.What should they be & should I set x gauges for all banks?I did have the upstream 02 sensor replaced a while ago.

Gordy