Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car?

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 06 Feb 2013 20:30 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm going to replace my own spark plugs soon and at the same time will do Ron's recommendation of increasing the gap by 20% over the factory settings. I will be buying the Autolite spark plugs. But not sure which ones I should be buying. I can either buy the copper based one, platinum or the higher end which uses a Iridium core.

Just looking for some advice. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 07 Feb 2013 00:18 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Well Juan I haven't seen Ron or anybody else get specific about which one, just about increasing gap by 20% over stock. Only other thing I've noticed is that American cars like American brand, Asian made cars like NGK, Denso and similar Asian brands.

Go with your experience and gut. Ask mechanics in your town what they like in Your engine. Just increase the gap. Be sure rest of ignition (cap/rotor/ plug wires as may apply) is in excellent condition.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Reyes

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 07 Feb 2013 00:51 #3

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Thanks Tracy. I just did some research and I will be buying Iridium spark plugs when I have the money from my tax return. Hopefully it's soon.

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 07 Feb 2013 16:38 #4

• mpgmike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have had fabulous results from the Pulstar Iridium plugs. They also make platinum, but I haven't found anybody that feels the platinums are any better than any other plug. The iridiums, however, show what a spark plug can be. Watch the gap with these. I tried wide gap and ran into misfires. Closing the gap got the vehicle running like "stink".

Mike

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 07 Feb 2013 22:55 #5

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I emailed Ron a while ago on the Pulstar spark plugs. Ron said he is still waiting to hear back from the engineering team at Pulstar. To know if increasing the spark plug gap will damage the electronics in the vehicle.

I think I'll go with Autolite. They are cheaper at $7 a spark plug.

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 11 Feb 2013 03:43 #6

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hia, My chice of prefference is NGK fine wire plugs modded and sent by post , They come with a set bigger gap for your car and a "cone" grooved into the upper electrode .

My favorite plugs give him a call o send him email, I dont mean to advertise but i love these simple affordable superplugs, hehe

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 15 Feb 2013 22:44 #7

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Mob:

I saw the website link that you posted. I have looked at them in the past. They are more expensive than the usual spark plugs. Are they worth it and do the spark plugs really work as advertised? I'm not close minded actually very open-minded. I just have to see some proof first. That's how I was with the Gadgetman Groove. Now I want to share information with everyone about the Gadgetman Groove.

What kind of spark plugs should I buy for my car? 16 Feb 2013 08:33 #8

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Je hej, its cool better skeptic then blue eyes, Swedish expretion
The results i had on my 2.5 straight 6 bmw e36 amazed me. they where the expensive platinum that he recommended. amazing power difference at low rpms.
then i bought for 3 more cars copper cheep ones and on one off them it had similar effect lots off power on low rpms. then on a volvo v40 bought the platinums and there was no notisable difference to stock copper ones.?
They are worth it, unless you drill a hole in your own plugs and regapem, any how They are my choose off preference. it might depend on cars condition i dont know. I would advise and recomend them to anybody without a dout. even i had varied results, when they work its really a difference. When i buy them its ony about 20buks deerer then buying ngks here in sweden.
p.s all my friends thought that my bmw whent really good, even when i sold it, they where like wow what a power packet. Its all about burning as mutch off the fuel as possible. or if have time and money why not drive on water or anything else really. there is so mutch out there.
best wishes mob

• Page: