Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles

Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles 15 Feb 2013 23:01 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
My wife and I are saving money for the purchase of our second car (I hope soon). I thought it will be a great resource to have a list of vehicles that are Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles in one central location on the forums. Looking for vehicles that will give the least amount of issues and will work the best with the Gadgetman Groove. That way everyone will benefit and know what kind of vehicle to purchase when that time comes. So please list everything that you can about the vehicle. Well not all. Just things that will benefit the most for the people that will be buying their next vehicle.

Thank you.

Juan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Juan Reyes.

Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles 16 Feb 2013 07:12 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ALL gasoline engines benefit from the application of The Groove, Juan.

All.

Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles 16 Feb 2013 11:10 #3

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
You're right about working on any gasoline engine. But it would have been nice to see a list of vehicles that give the least amount of issues and the ones that give the most amount of issues.For example, on my 2008 Mazda Tribute I have the PCV valve UNDERNEATH the intake manifold. Now I have no choice but to give money to a mechanic to take off the intake manifold so I can access the PCV valve. Also my mother-in-law husband has had a bad first impression with the Gadgetman Groove. His oil leaked through the throttle body. I took the advice from the awesome people here and told him to install a custom made " catch can". He did not like the idea one bit. He just decided by himself that it doesn't work with a high compression engine like his Corvette.

I wish to change his mind. I really do because he knows so many motorcycle riders, member of the Corvette club and knows at least 10 airport shuttle drivers that own their own vehicles. He does have the potential to spread how great the Gadgetman Groove is.

I also want to save the people that will be buying their next vehicle time and money with a list like this.

Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles 22 Feb 2013 14:56 #4

• divedaddy03
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Juan Reyes wrote: You're right about working on any gasoline engine. But it would have been nice to see a list of vehicles that give the least amount of issues and the ones that give the most amount of issues.For example, on my 2008 Mazda Tribute I have the PCV valve UNDERNEATH the intake manifold. Now I have no choice but to give money to a mechanic to take off the intake manifold so I can access the PCV valve. Also my mother-in-law husband has had a bad first impression with the Gadgetman Groove. His oil leaked through the throttle body. I took the advice from the awesome people here and told him to install a custom made " catch can". He did not like the idea one bit. He just decided by himself that it doesn't work with a high compression engine like his Corvette.

I wish to change his mind. I really do because he knows so many motorcycle riders, member of the Corvette club and knows at least 10 airport shuttle drivers that own their own vehicles. He does have the potential to spread how great the Gadgetman Groove is.

I also want to save the people that will be buying their next vehicle time and money with a list like this.

Juan, I agree with you as to a list of quick and easy vehicles to modify.

Vehicles that don't need too much modifications other than to add the grove and eliminate any vacuum issues...that said, Ron is right too.

As far as the Vet....humm, maybe you should call Ron and walk through it with with him. Also, pick the brains of others here on the forums as well. Make sure you have pics too.

Please list Gadgetman Groove approved vehicles 23 Feb 2013 18:56 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Hi Juan.

Ron is right, the Groove if done properly, along with protocols, like killing vac. leaks, applicable stuff like IAC mods and PCV Re-route, HAS to work!

That being said, My somewhat informed opinion (I'm hedging here, I'm not even close to the most experienced one here)is:

Older vehicles like GM throttle body injected and lots of '95-and-older vehicles...

These are the ones w/ dumb computers or none at all. Those ECU's seem less likely to be stubborn or to fight gains.

Of course we are talking about stuff that's 17 years old and older, so you would likely have other issues stemming from age/mileage.

I WILL offer that my first Groove was a '90 or so Jeep cherokee w/ Jeep inline six and port injection. A simple system. Vehicle was a beater hi miles cruddy intake w/carbon and oil crud issues, badly needing a full tuneup. This engine Loved the Groove :cheer: power throttle response really improved. Dunno 'bout MPG, was part of neighbor buddy's Mothball fleet don't know if he even has it today. But in general I think those are good rugged reliable vehicles and useful too...

but of course I would do homework check Jeep forums ask around find out more about 'em before I would buy one!

If you DID get one w/Jeep inline six you could shamelessly copy what I did on that TB, it should be in Index Groovy Vehicles, seems I hit the right technique for that one...

Or just get what you would buy anyway and we will help you w/ whatever issues you have. If you buy something after 1996 it is OBD2, a decent scantool is good to have to see what computer is up to for those.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: