Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Groove re-install

Groove re-install 02 May 2013 16:12 #1

• dcampbell331
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello out there everyone I am a new guy on the block. Has anyone done a groove on a 04 Kia optima 2.7L and had any re-install problems. This is my first and would like to know of any problems anyone has run into ??

Thanks a bunch,

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Groove re-install 02 May 2013 19:28 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Hi dcampbell (as I hear a radio host say) Who Dat and where you at?

Welcome to GadgetmanLand!

Well you can go to youtube and search Groovy Service Bulletins to see if Ron has done one. Look in the Index button top of forum page search in there..

Have you done a Groove yet or contemplating re-doing it?

Might take/post pics on here--pic's help us help you a lot.

Read study and re-read your Training Manual materials till you believe you understand the concept of what the Groove does.

Also study the Service bulletins area in the forum Index.

If you get the concepts first then less ground needs re-covered when you have a question.

Anyhow, Welcome to GadgetmanLand! :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Groove re-install 03 May 2013 08:41 #3

• dcampbell331
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Tracy. I be Don Campbell on the East Coast. I live in the metro area of Norfolk,Portsmouth,Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach Virginia.Have studied the training manual for about 3 weeks now and have a TB ready to go back on. I am just trying to see if there re any loose ends I need to look at.

Thanks again, Tracy.

Don

Groove re-install 09 May 2013 04:02 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Well Howdy Don!

Sounds like you are in Navy country (Norfolk I read is largest Naval base on the planet).

I'll take a lunge at a checklist in no particular order...

1 Vacuum leaks. dont want any--Groove is a manifold vac. amplifier. find/ kill vac leaks.

2 pcv re-route. increases manifold vac. Extensively posted about all over site.

3 computer re-learn procedure--in training manual

4 spark plug gap increase add 20% to stock gap You prob. have no dist. so not much else to say for this car. I strongly advocate ignition upgrades where possible.

5 check your Groove w/ flashlight in dark room look for pinhole leaks light peeking thru check w/ bright flashlight inside looking at outside and vice versa. don't skip this!

6 If have access to OBD11 scantool you can check fuel trims O2 sensor data etc. Best to have done this before Groove so to compare to after. If not don't worry, but scantool is great diagnostic tool even if only used after.

So there's some ideas, oh and pics of your Groove, any idle air re-routing etc. are a big plus, more we can see more we can help, and help to teach everyone! ;)

good Luck, come back again soon!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Groove re-install 09 May 2013 21:09 #5

• dcampbell331
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Tracy. Only problem I can see so far is; Re-route of the PCV hose to the intake duct work.Not a lot of suitable surface area to work with

• Page: