Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ethanol and Airaid

Ethanol and Airaid 12 May 2013 00:26 #1

• Jay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is my virgin post here.

I have spent a few hours stumbling into the Gadgetman and watching his instructional videos and then found this forum.

I see Ron is in the hospital and I'd like to wish him a quick recovery.

I was hoping the vets on this board can clear some questions up for me. I searched the forum for "ethanol", "alcohol" and "E85" and got no hits so maybe you can enlighten me. I watched Ron's videos where he explains the long hydrocarbon chains that were added to fuel to clog the Pogue type carburetors and how his groove turns more of the heavier h/c into motive power rather than cat heat. My question is, "How does the groove work on E85?" Does it also increase mileage?

My other question is about this thing I ran across called Airraid which is a throttle body spacer with a helix or spiral groove built into a "bolt on" spacer on the throttle body. It looks a lot like the gadgetman groove except bolt-on. It seems the effect would be different as the Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer sends the air into a twist like a rifle bore compared to the Gadgetman Groove which, as I understand it, sends what amounts to pulsed vortices like smoke rings down to the cylinders. Could you do the G-groove using this spacer method or would it be too far away from the throttle plate to work?

Also, I have a 2001 Infiniti QX4 (Nissan Pathfinder) that gets 16mpg with a 3500cc V6. Any guesses on what I could expect if it got groovy..... man?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ethanol and Airaid 12 May 2013 08:20 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jay, yes it will work on e85 , what the groove will do is give a richer vapor signal to the ecu as the fuel will burn in the engine and not in the cat as for air aid they were on the right track but they are to far away from the butterfly for max benefit,I will take it off if I do these and so does Ron as we did when I worked with him in Arizona.

People need to understand that we are not leaning the fuel with the groove that we are richening the fuel by vaporizing it and the ecu will cut injector timing (the amount of time that the injector pulses) leaving better mileage.

This seems hard for people to catch onto ,as I see over and over on the post, dont make it complicated as it is not. This is why the exhaust temps go down 100 plus degrees. I have a fuel reformer and it works well with the groove as it helps vaporize the fuel even better.
If we were leaning the fuel the exhaust temps would go up instead of down.

As for e85 you are still using 15%gasoline with plenty of heavy carbons to break,remember we only burn 20 plus percent of total fuel in engine thats only 3 to 4% of the gasoline in e85, meaning 10 or 11% is going to cat wasted.

I teach fuel chemistry through out the US and most people never realized that we wasted so much fuel in cat. I hope this helps everyone out. Dan Merrick Fuel Chemistry

Last edit: by dan.

Ethanol and Airaid 12 May 2013 11:13 #3

• Jay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Dan.

I remember from one of the videos that Ron says that there may be toxic waste essentially being dumped in our fuel as a result of the oil companies selling access to our millions of catalytic converters as a distributed incinerator network where we have to pay for the incinerators which are checked bi-annually to ensure that we're providing a good incinerator service and if not, we have to pay to replace them. What a colossal scam that is. To think, we're incinerating their toxic waste for their profit at the cost of our financial and physical well-being. Wow. Are we being punked or what!

Dan, your comment on ethanol brings up another question. When you burn ethanol is all of it consumed in the engine? If that's the case does that mean that 20% of the gasoline burned in the engine is equivalent in motive power to 100% of ethanol burned in the engine which would mean that gasoline is 5 times as energetic volumetrically speaking? Is that right?

Also, any guess on my potential savings with the '01 Infiniti? Thanks for the response.

Last edit: by Jay.

Ethanol and Airaid 12 May 2013 12:10 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jay, no not all is consumed but more than gasoline and as for power it is by far less about 2thirds mpg compared to gasoline. If you distill gasoline say 1 gallon youll get about 3fourths of burnable fuel the rest wont even burn with a torch. Then take the distilled part and drive only on it you will get about one third better mpg than on the full gallon of gasoline.The reason for this is wer`e burning more of the good fuel and not producing as much carbon internally,it`s like turning on an acyt. torch and then adding oxygen,clean and full burn.
As far as ethanol Im not a big fan but it does burn cleaner than only gasoline,kinda like watering down the fuel to make more liquid,although we only burn vapors.

The surface area of gasoline is what we vaporize so why not expand the surface area? What the auto manufacture`s will do next is vapor and liquid fuel vaporizer to teaspoon us the mpg to keep us buying fuel and autos.

Remember this as I predict, this to be the next phase of the future. If your going to heat the fuel with water don`t wrap the line around the heat run it inside that way your heating more surface area. Happy Vaporizing remember the groove will enhance the burn always groove it. Dan Merrick Fuel Chemistry

• Page: