Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: groove problems on 04 Kia 2.7L

groove problems on 04 Kia 2.7L 30 May 2013 07:20 #1

• dcampbell331
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello out there. Ron did the groove on this one. I installed. Re-routed PCV valve to air intake between mas airflow sensor and TB. Problem is: after two conditioning processes, I am getting a high idle and surging 1500 rpm to 3000 rpm. Replaced IAC valve. This fixed surging problem. Now I cannot get idle in drive below 1000 rpm. In park or neutral is 1200. Am scratching my head. Even backed off the idle set screw. On this car 1000 rpm sends me down the road at 20 mph with no pressure on the accelerator. This is hard on brakes and tranny Anyone have any suggestions?? Oh! forgot to mention when driving at 50 mph releasing foot from accelerator it takes about 3/4 of a mile to slow to 20 mph.

Thanks, Don Campbell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

groove problems on 04 Kia 2.7L 30 May 2013 17:25 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Yeah, Don, the IAC airflow needs reduced. If you could post some pics of this TB and IAC, we could give advice.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

groove problems on 04 Kia 2.7L 30 May 2013 18:38 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don I tried to email you with no luck,it sounds like if the Kia is cable drive that the spring is alittle weak and the groove is causing a lift. get a tighter spring, if its fly by wire Id say the groove is to close causing lift. Either way it can be fixed. When I do a flyby wire I always check tps angle hot and cold as it is not always true that the wear mark on throttle body is the place to cut as some ecus will not be happy.

Only other thing I can think of is a vacuum leak Id have to know what your fuel trims are to confirm this way pos trims means a leak and the ecu will add fuel causing high idle.

• Page: