Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed.

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 11 Jul 2013 18:38 #1

• Rino Stoof
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All

I just thought it would be very useful for all of us to know which vehicles have responded particularly well (confirmed mileage improvement, numbers would be great) and which badly or not at all (or even worse with poorer mileage) even after trouble shooting.

So everyone, can you please pop in your successes and failures?!

I've popped a couple of forms on the site. You can find them at the bottom of the bottom menu.
Please check if your car is there and if not please use the form to pop it in!

I will see if I can go through some of the videos on Youtube but that's obviously going to take a tonne of time.
If anyone is keen to help me, please don't be shy!!!

So come on guys and gals, let's help each other!

Thanks Everyone!

Kind regards
Rino
New Zealand

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rino Stoof. Reason: New forms

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 12 Jul 2013 01:07 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Ok, I'll throw in some data.

99 Ford F-350 v-10 Triton engine--confirmed 33% hiway MPG increase, easy to Groove,cabled twin bore TB. Aspirates oil thru re-routed PCV/breather hose, can fix that w/ Air Oil separator.

'06 Chevy Avalanche DBW computer controlled TB. From customer accounts, 50% hiway MPG increase. PCV hose re-route to factory stock breather hose next to TB aspirated oil. don't clean TB before Grooving, block throttle blade to black stain natural idle position w/ business card. Awesome throttle response, hard accell. goes like raped ape! Whistle noise audible w/ windows down, cust. wife didn't like that caused reversal of mod (if ya can believe That) Have since figured out solution for oil aspiration w/ AOS.

'89 Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6 automatic. previous estimate 20 MPG increased to 38 MPG on hiway road test confirmed, 90% increase. Oil aspiration from PCV hose re-route cured w/ AOS. Easy to Groove cabled TB. Definite power increase on already strong engine. Recommended car to Groove.

Negatives--mostly the ones I have not done yet!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 12 Jul 2013 06:54 #3

• Rino Stoof
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Tracy!

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 25 Jul 2013 21:04 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Did a MPG test on the 85 Subaru wagon today. 50 miles exactly 55-60 MPH steady on flat straight hiway. 1.35 Gal used 37.03 MPG.

Previous best is 42MPG. Just got done checking things, was able to turn in idle mix screw on the hitachi 2 bbl 3/4 turn in lean, right to edge of rough idle. Think EPA ratings for this crate were 26-30 ish.

Another test should give better MPG... and it runs very well, will never have enuf power in all conditions, but it keeps gettin' betta! :P

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 09 Aug 2013 08:39 #5

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Some more Data for you.

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5s after the groove we saw between 40-44 hwy and 25-27 city. That is a 20% gain in city driving and 35% gain on the hwy.

1993 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2ton 2wheel drive pick-up ext. cab. With a 5.7 liter engine I am seeing 16.5 in city and up to 21 on the hwy. That is a 45% gain in the city and 20% gain on the hwy. I expect these numbers to go up as I am repairing some of the 20 year old ignition and fuel parts.

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4x4, with the 5.4 liter V8. Saw a 20% gain in city driving and 15% gain on the hwy, with over 226 thousand miles on the clock for this engine. Owner was advised to look into some O2 sensor replacement, these numbers could change.

Ken

Mileage gained - or not. To help us succeed. 09 Aug 2013 18:17 #6

• Rino Stoof
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ken

Thanks a lot for that!
I've actually built a screen where you can pop them in in the same time it takes to type a message here.
The data will then automatically be in the database.
The link is in the bottom menu (Good or bad list entry form).
This is the link:

Cheers
Rino

• Page: