Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: idle bypass and relearning ?

idle bypass and relearning ? 24 Jul 2013 21:17 #1

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
A question about the idle bypass and the groove.

If the idle bypass is still functioning as normal while the engine is ticking over, then this will be burning fuel in the normal way, but when you open the throttle, the groove will come into effect and create different burn conditions, so how does the ECU cope with this ?? how does it learn these two conditions as they exist side by side as it were.

Thanks !
Grant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

idle bypass and relearning ? 24 Jul 2013 21:46 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The ecu reads the o2s and mass air map and iat cts all balance within their maps. This is how it knows which way to adjust. Remember the tps will be at a different position telling it to cut fuel back. If the tps normal is 30% at 70mph then the groove will set tps at say 18% at 70mph.The ecu will start to calculate the afr by reading the o2s and air coming into the engine. Hope this will help you understand what the groove is actually doing,its making a richer mixture not a leaner mixture like most people think. Vapor is different than liquid. Ive been challenged by some sharp chemists that say you arent making more fuel by vaporizing, they are right in liquid but we do in vapor form. WE ARE CHANGING THE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE. DOUBLE CARBON BOND AND THEN ADD THE HYDROGEN TO FILL THE BROKEN BONDS. sO THE ANSWER WOULD BE YES WE ARE MAKING MORE COMBUSTIBLE FUEL.

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 14:02 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Thanks again Dan! ;)

EVERYONE pay attention to what this gentleman says. Knows his stuff.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 15:42 #4

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Grant,

You can see this very clearly if you have a scangauge or ultragauge type of monitor hooked up to a obd2 fitted car after the groove is applied. My wifes car still sits at 1.2 to 1.7 (short term trim) when at a traffic light but when we are on the gas it is almost always -6 to -9 (short term trim).

Ken

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 17:41 #5

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,
Thanks for the detailed explanation, very fascinating !
So in short, the ECU copes just fine because of the TPS, this is all becoming much clearer :)

Grant

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 17:44 #6

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ken,

Good to know ! I was looking at scan gauges on Ebay last night, I am definitely going to purchase one, I see the more expensive ones have more features on them, like 0-60 times etc, I thought the more you spent the better they got in terms of accuracy, but perhaps you are only paying for the extra functions.

Grant

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 17:53 #7

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,
The richer mixture makes alot of sense, I couldn't figure out why the ECU didn't undo all the work of the groove.
I heard of people doing the browns gas stuff and not fitting an EIFI and them experiencing no gains at all.

So if the groove is producing a frequency which is a vibration, this is altering the air molecules somehow ?

Grant

idle bypass and relearning ? 25 Jul 2013 18:52 #8

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes everything in motion is a frequency,the humidity and air stream all produce a frequency even your injectors spraying. Put an inch of water in a pop bottle and blow across the top the tone will change the water activity similair to a stream of water flowing across rocks. 2 quarters on top each other and a kid drives with alot of base quarters will seperate,similar to an earthquake.

Everything is frequency controlled NUMBERS. Always looking for resonance. Water is the most frequency controlled liquid on earth.

• Page: