Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remapping the ECU by a tuning company

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 07 Aug 2013 20:26 #1

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone

Is it necessary to have your ECU remapped at all for significant mileage gains ??

or will the ability of the system to learn your driving be enough ?

Also, what effect does the grade of fuel have on all of the above ??

I usually fill up with 89 grade fuel, what happens if I were to switch back to 87 grade after the grooved TB was fitted ?

Thanks
Grant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 08 Aug 2013 20:58 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Hi Grant, I have not yet heard of anybody having the ECU re-mapped or re-flashed along w/ the Groove. Does not mean that that won't work, it might. We rely on the re-learn process for the ECU to re-learn parameters, obviously some do better than others.

I'd stick to whatever grade of gas the vehicle usually uses, but again, you can try a change. I would keep it simple though, Groove and re-learn first, do other changes later after a new baseline is established. One thing at a time, to see what works.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 08 Aug 2013 21:16 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, I have flashed the ecu on ford and chev hptuner The air fuel mixtures are alot different with the groove so the flash takes alot of different angles. But yes it will increase more. My cold vaporizer with groove will increase even more. Very easy to apply. Dan Merrick

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 09 Aug 2013 00:05 #4

• Rino Stoof
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan.
Sounds like you know your stuff about car computers.
Just curious, cold vaporizer? Can you tell us a bit about that please?

Cheers
Rino (NZ)

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 10 Aug 2013 04:30 #5

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Gang,

AS far as differences in Octane, I found with my 3KW generator (that was supposed to run on 92 octane) actually runs 40F hotter on 92 octane fuel and pits the piston head in the process.

Time gains on the 4 gallon tank was about 15 minutes more than the 17 hours on 87 octane fuel.

I recall one of the guys had grooved his muscle car and was running 92 octane... until his wife used the car and filled it with 87 octane fuel. He said there was no noticable difference in performance.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 11 Aug 2013 20:43 #6

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks to everyone for their responses !

I was particularly amazed by the results of the different fuel grades.

After mt grooved TB is fitted I shall carry on using 89 grade fuel and see what the difference is, if I can use 87 grade and still have the same economy and power then that would be a bonus !... a double bonus :)

Thanks again
Grant

Remapping the ECU by a tuning company 12 Aug 2013 12:08 #7

• ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The responsiveness of the vehicles to the differing grades of fuel is a nice little bennie. Especially when you consider BMW's and other European models that come to us excessively lean (like 16.5:1) and recommend only using Premium Grades. In fact, they run like crap when lower octane fuels are used.

After The Groove, the difference in performance is undetectable. This alone provides a reward for getting the modification that is translateable to financial gains.

With Turbos, the lag that is inherent in ALL these systems completely disappears. This has impressed every motor head that has stepped into my shop.

Use these characteristic to do more Grooves. I want you all to make money at this, and what we're talking about here is worth money to vehicle owners all over the world.

So, get to it!

Ron

• Page: