Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What scan gauge data should I collect before the groove mod

What scan gauge data should I collect before the groove mod 12 Aug 2013 21:17 #1

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,

I have just fitted a scan gauge to my Tiburon, it's called 'Turbogauge' and cost $70.

The groove is not yet fitted to my car, so I was wondering what I should be monitoring ?
Obviously I need to compare results before and after, the main one I can think of straight away is MPG, but what else is there that would be pertinent ? O2 sensor data ? manifold pressure ? fuel trim ?

On another note, I just read the letter Ron sent out, and was amazed at how real the intimidation is, I had heard of industrial espionage, but the reality of it was something else.
I want to make sure my testing is thorough, especially in the light of what Ron has to go through to bring this to us !

Thanks !
Grant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What scan gauge data should I collect before the groove mod 12 Aug 2013 22:41 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Grant,

I monitor Short fuel trim, Long fuel trim, Throttle position (percentage) and the 02 readings. The 02 reading I have to average as they are constantly changing as you drive.

The biggest difference I see is in the fuel trims and percentage of throttle needed.

Ken

What scan gauge data should I collect before the groove mod 18 Aug 2013 20:28 #3

• Grant
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ken,
Thanks for the info.
Do you know what the fuel trim is ? I don't know what that means, my gauge measures only short fuel trim, and doesn't tell me what units it is in.
Grant

• Page: